PDA

View Full Version : fried striper?

mdue151
06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
anyone wanna share there recipes?:cheers:

Seon
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Salt, pepper and garlic powder. Fry in olive oil. It's quick and simple.

Steve079
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
kind of like Seon's. Seasoned Panko crumbs. pan seared, comes out crispy like its fried. My wife also does boneless chicken breast this way. really good, and bass is great this way too.

Use same seasonings as Seon suggested, and do it over charcoal. use a fish basket, or place the filets skin side down on a piece of Foil, when its done, the skin peels off with the foil. Just scrape the dark meat off lateral line and eat it up. Sooo Gooood. Not the same with Propane, got to use real fire.

BIG_ONE
06-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Cut all the fins, scaled, gut, and cut slits on the side of the fish, and salted. Deep fried the fish until golden brown and thoroughly cook. Now for the sauce: minced cilantro, minced green onion, minced garlic, minced Asian chili(add prior to how much heat you want) or jalapenos chili(bake or grill the jalapenos for a better flavor), fish sauce(I like to use the one with three crab on the label), a little soy sauce to darken the color with a more unique flavor, a few slice of lemon juice. And last but not least, crush some fresh roasted peanuts and whip it all together in the bowl. You can use it as a dipping sauce(if use as a dipping sauce, make sure the herbs and chili are thicker than the sauce) or just pour it directly over the fish.
:engel017:

Delta_Rose
06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Dredge filets in flour, shake off excess flour, dip in egg/cold water/salt/pepper wash, dredge in panko bread crumbs, pan fry in olive oil. Sometimes simple is best.

CAL.NDN
06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I take skinless boneless fillets poke holes in em with fork and soak in buttermilk for 4 hours then dip them a bowl of Bisquick.or flour with salt peper garlic powder. Then fry them oil till there golden brown on both both sides. Simple and delicious ...