PDA

View Full Version : New Easy Rider on Wed July 18

Adoboat
07-19-2012, 06:26 PM
There were 18 fish for 19 anglers. A couple of guys got two, most got one, several were skunked. Fishing was pretty slow all day and got slower as the day went. We had one double in the morning at the first stop. We went to four stops I think.

Their report on their berkeley charter boat website said there were 23 limits. Not true, we did not have 46 fish in the box.

Crew was great, but fishing wasn't. I guess we went on the worst fishing day in weeks, or past reports were exaggerations.

gone_hooken
07-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Didn't read that but I know there were only 19 anglers for 18 salmon I caught 3 myself fishing starboard midship.. starting the morning off of Drake's bay trolling around where we hooked most of our fish couple slight moves n the same vacinity scratched a few more then that was it as we hit about a mile off stinson beach the north bar couldn't pick anything up beautiful day of weather though .

fishslammer
07-20-2012, 08:32 PM
If you are talking about the actual Berkeley charter boats report and not the new easy rider Facebook page then you are hearing it through a third party! I fish a lot with Joey and he is not lier. I've been out a few days where you don't catch boat limits and he puts that on his page! This year has been a great year for the NER and Joey is one of the top CPT to go after salmon.

Adoboat
07-21-2012, 02:10 PM
I knew there had to be an explanation. I just didn't want Fishsniffers to book a trip with expectations based on the company's website report. It was a good crew. They were encouraging and helpful.

gone_hooken
07-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Yup Joey is a close friend of mine the guy is a great Capt deckhand all around smart..best boat out of Berkeley by far to go fishing on and catch fish..his Facebook page is the best way to see daily accurate numbers he isn't going to lie on numbers and doesn't need to he puts his customers on fish as that's what there paying him to do...i have fished with Joey alot Been with numerous times and many more.

iggybabble
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Let's not forget, you guys got a fish around! Nothing wrong with that! 2007 sucked, we had no season 2008/2009, 2010 mostly sucked, and the first half of 2011 was pretty bad. You should be really thankful for a fish per rod or better. BTW, it's a nice boat, and it's captain has a good rep