PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Monterey

hamshog44
10-14-2006, 09:06 AM
I am new to this board and to fishing. I have a 25' Maxum cabin cruiser and my buddy and I have been fishing in Monterey. We go mostly down toward Pebble Beach or in the bay there. Where are the best places to go around there. We haven't gone further south because we don't know where the best places are. Tried Santa Cruz once didn't catch any fish and don't like having to end tie to another boat to spend the night on the boat. Any surrestions?

Seamore
10-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I don't really have any useful info for you, but I hate docking at Santa Cruz. My son and I docked there about a month ago. Didn't realize that someone could be walking across my deck at dark-thirty to tie to the dock. " Anyone that stays at Santa Cruz knows that rafting to another boat is acceptable". B.S. We had to move to find shore power that worked. In my humble OPINION, it wasn't worth the money. The only other place I know of is Moss Landing. I don't know anything about them. Sorry I couldn't help, but it sure felt good to vent. >:(

hair_raiser
10-18-2006, 04:55 AM
You can also moore at capitola. call capitola boat and bait for info.
Jay

Bay_285
10-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I had my boat in Moss for a year never had any problems and don't recall ever seeing anyone tie up to another boat. They always seem to have room there.

Seamore
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Bay, how are the launching facilies there? I checked it out once and if my memory was what it should be, it seems that it was a hassle to get a place to park my trailer. Any info. would be appreciated. :-/