PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Fish Roosevelt and or Lane Lakes?

NRJohn
08-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I see they both have brooks and cutts in them. Anyone hiked into fish them? How far was the hike? From the looks of it there's some sort of road off of 108; is it well marked? Would like to try it later this year with my 10 year old. First we're going to try the Cottonwood Lakes in a couple of weeks for some goldens.

iggybabble
08-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah, they have got both. They tend to get fished hard, it's an easy hike in from the trailhead at Leavitt meadows. The scenery up there is gorgeous, and if you want to cover more ground there is a nice pack station at Leavitt, you could combine a nice days ride on horseback with some fishing. I hiked in about 20 years back, caught some decent Cutts, but when I was there back early June at the pack station, I enquired about those lakes and was told they aren't as good as they once were...

Gene St. Denis
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Brookies , Brookies, and Broockies. Some times a Bow or Cutt. 40 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago and today. Rattlesnakes, Sketters, and Ticks from the Deer are Both Thick . Kastmasters, Panthers, Tasmain Devils, woolys, and others ......Fremont Lake further in has a Large Lake full of dinks brookies/cutts as well unless the Feds have dumped in Some Large Planter Cutts, as has been thier Way everywhere they Can Lately... and they will be dumb and Hungry. Poore has a Good pop of Brooks ( and some fed Cutts) as Kirman... However Kirman has special regs.( and a full time Ranger).. the rest of the Lakes are Standard regs , I believe still. Read up on regs first as it is Patrolled well. I would back pack lite in too poore/ rose/lane for couple . gst

NRJohn
08-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Just reading the regs on Roosevelt and Lane. Limit is 2. Extra bag limit for brooks does not apply to these two, Red (Alpine Co.) and Kirman.

Still going to try Cottonwood. I'll try and post some pics when we go.

Thanks for the info.

iggybabble
08-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes please let us know! Good or otherwise, it's nice to have a current report!