Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The new normal??

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    They are all noisy, so are the generac auto one's. They also produce a lot of heat. I have seen some large battery back up one's that use solar. Northern Tool has some in their site/catalog. My only thought about natural gas units is what happens if the gas supply turns off due to a large scale event (it needs valves & pumps to move gas through transmission lines). I really feel for those folks loosing electricity in California, kind of like the "brown outs" caused by ENRON back in the day....Jetspray

I have no generator.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

2. Likes Jetspray, okie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Sounds very frustrating. We had a back-up generator in the store I worked at that ran off natural gas. Had a muffler that was vented through the roof. It ran minimal lights and the cash registers and all the refers. Kicked on automatically when the power went out.
    They are all noisy, so are the generac auto one's. They also produce a lot of heat. I have seen some large battery back up one's that use solar. Northern Tool has some in their site/catalog. My only thought about natural gas units is what happens if the gas supply turns off due to a large scale event (it needs valves & pumps to move gas through transmission lines). I really feel for those folks loosing electricity in California, kind of like the "brown outs" caused by ENRON back in the day....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes hooks, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very frustrating. We had a back-up generator in the store I worked at that ran off natural gas. Had a muffler that was vented through the roof. It ran minimal lights and the cash registers and all the refers. Kicked on automatically when the power went out.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: The new normal??

Mine is a onan with 6,800 continuous watts. I need to refill some of my gas cans, I put stabil in those. Generator runs about 6 hours on 3 gallons of gas......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The new normal??

Wake up (4 am this morning) start the big generator so you can have water. Make sure to run it long enough to help the freezers stay cold. 2 hours later you are tired of the noise. Turn large generator off and run small one for lights TV and inside refer. Repeat as needed day after day. Dont forget to keep enough fuel around to last a few days.
    Being a retired electrician I am getting lots of calls for advice on how friends and neighbors should connect the generators they have on order. Good time to be a generator salesman.

9. Likes Jetspray, zipperman, Paintguy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12