Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

I just went to my local hardware store back in the day, and could pruchase a block of 22's without showing anything and I was a teenager at the time. I was a member of a gun club in High School and carried my rifle in the trunk of my car. Today I would probably be in jail.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went through the AG station on I80 near Truckee today and they just waved me through. I didn't even have to stop.

I've never seen a canine officer working either...except on TV.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

4. Likes Jetspray, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I went through the Ag station 2 weeks ago, they asked nothing, just waved me through. If they ask Id just say no. Im pretty sure asking about ammo or enforcement of ammo laws is far beyond the scope of their authority.
    I have never seen a sniffing dog searching anything, nor have I seen anything beyond looking at boats for plugs in place. Back in the day they would inspect moving van type vehicles, but I have not seen them do that lately either, mostly they look at manifests and driver log books......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

I went through the Ag station 2 weeks ago, they asked nothing, just waved me through. If they ask Id just say no. Im pretty sure asking about ammo or enforcement of ammo laws is far beyond the scope of their authority.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    The only thing the new laws do is make a whole new class of criminals out of previously honest citizens.
    To me Steve it is an attack on those who have served and protected our rights for decades since the Constitution was enacted and our Government became the USA. They blame everything happening on our rights, but really do not do anything to protect us. Gun Free zones create opportunity for those who wish to do us harm and nothing else......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing the new laws do is make a whole new class of criminals out of previously honest citizens.

10. Likes PMR#9, TBSP, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double_D View Post
    I just buy in Reno I work there 5 days a month, no check no wait no ID, however I heard at the Agricultural Inspection Station in Truckee they ask if you are bring ammo back into California I can't confirm this but what I heard, buy in Reno take Mt Rose hwy to Tahoe route 28 Tahoe Blvd then take 267 to 80
    Smuggling ammo is now a crime? That is just a shame, rights are rights. I am sorry but the state has gone nuts in my book, you should be able to do what you have a right to do. You have rights, and I believe that gun free zones is what they want for the whole of the state, looks like they want that to be the norm and the rule for everyone. It is really scary, I pray for all of you there...…..Jetspray

12. Likes zipperman, okie, GW208 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just buy in Reno I work there 5 days a month, no check no wait no ID, however I heard at the Agricultural Inspection Station in Truckee they ask if you are bring ammo back into California I can't confirm this but what I heard, buy in Reno take Mt Rose hwy to Tahoe route 28 Tahoe Blvd then take 267 to 80

14. Likes Jetspray, zipperman, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the really intersting thing with the Constituion of the United States:

"Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

They love the !st and do not follow it's principles in any case.

"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecing an establishment of religion, nor prohibit the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Seems they want Christian churches to go away as well as the government, and accept other religions and belief's like Satan...….Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 07-28-2019 at 11:13 AM.

16. Likes CDK, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Gun rights advocates sue to block Californias new ammo law requiring background checks

i AM GOING TO WATCH THIS PLAY OUT.
    I just wonder what the legislative branch thinks the "right to bear arms" means, maybe girls working in a strip joint, or construction workers rolling up their sleeves?....Jetspray

18. Likes Waterdog, CDK, zipperman liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast