Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    The California legislature and governor does not let things like the constitution, the first amendment, the second amendment or any other amendments stand in their way. They emulate the old Soviet Union. And remember this is where the 9th circuit court of appeals resides. The most leftist and the most overturned court of appeals in the land.
    The demoncrats have their "own" constitution, they made another law that will be ignored. Gov. Sissystick over here thinks the same way as more and more Kalifonians bring their stupid politics here with them. Soon they will just go away from the federal government...…...Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    I was unawares that California had gone so far as to put these kinds of limits on the Second amendment. Is this stuff even Constitutional?

CC
    The California legislature and governor does not let things like the constitution, the first amendment, the second amendment or any other amendments stand in their way. They emulate the old Soviet Union. And remember this is where the 9th circuit court of appeals resides. The most leftist and the most overturned court of appeals in the land.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

3. Likes zipperman liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was unawares that California had gone so far as to put these kinds of limits on the Second amendment. Is this stuff even Constitutional?

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

5. Likes zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    All those in the crowd(mob) should be arrested for unlawful assembly, obstructing a police investigation, and for the ones who pushed...assault and battery on a police officer...in my humble opinion.

Sarcasm on...

And of course we need more gun laws and weapon bans because the US is the only country that criminals can buy weapons.

Maybe Mexican cartels could do like a reverse “fast and furious” and smuggle guns in with their drugs to increase revenues.

Sarcasm off...

Maybe the Demoncrats would have used less lethal weapons on me, if Hillary would have won my 401K would be in the tank and the economy would have been by now too. I like the painting of Bill in the blue dress too...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

The perp was a felon with multiple felonies and had numerous guns in his possession. I don’t understand, how could a felon have all those guns since one of the 20,000 plus gun laws on the books prohibit felons from possessing or even touching a gun. Obviously we don’t have enough gun laws, we need more. I think we can count on the Dems to come up with more gun laws. Yep they’ll protect us.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

8. Likes okie, Jetspray, TrackerDV17, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All those in the crowd(mob) should be arrested for unlawful assembly, obstructing a police investigation, and for the ones who pushed...assault and battery on a police officer...in my humble opinion.

Sarcasm on...

And of course we need more gun laws and weapon bans because the US is the only country that criminals can buy weapons.

Maybe Mexican cartels could do like a reverse “fast and furious” and smuggle guns in with their drugs to increase revenues.

Sarcasm off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hooks; 08-15-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

10. Likes okie, Waterdog, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    True....as per "the city of brotherly love" yesterday.
    Yes and we saw how the crowd assisted officers by pushing them into the line of fire, also how many it took to take care of the individual who was causing the problem. I usually call for assistance after I have protected myself, not before, racking a shotgun takes less time than dialing a number......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Now a days if you brought a pink plastic squirt gun to school you would be expelled. In the 40’s and 50’s kids in rural areas would sometimes drive their fathers pickup trucks to high school with rifles or shotguns in rifle racks and go hunting after school. In fact they seldom locked the trucks and their guns were not stolen. You use to be able to buy long guns and hand guns through the Sears catalog by mail. So what changed. It’s not the guns that changed. Simi-auto handguns, rifles and shotguns have been around for probably 100+ years. They may look a little different. What changed is society, families, values, attitudes, the reduction of the Christian church and its values in America. We use to have a moral compass, a set of morals we all tried to follow. The word moral is seldom heard or said today. We are afraid to teach morals because it may offend someone or some group. You often hear, well what’s considered moral for you may not be a moral for me.
    There are over 20,000 gun laws, federal, state and local on the books but they don’t stop everyday shootings or mass shootings. How many more gun laws do we need to stop the murder and mass murder? Murder it self is already against he law but that doesn’t stop criminals from murdering people. The answer is that there are no “gun” laws that will stop gun violence. Even if you banned guns, criminals would still have plenty of guns. If guns were banned it would make millions of new criminals because most of us would not give up our guns. The black market in guns would flourish and probably become bigger than the illegal drug market.
    The answer is long and complex and involves changing society and culture which may not be possible. If it is possible it could take decades or a century or more.
    But the stupid politicians think they must do something so they will pass new ineffective gun laws. The new laws as as always will affect only law abiding gun owners. The criminals will laugh and go right on committing violent crimes because they are criminals and that’s what they do.
    True....as per "the city of brotherly love" yesterday.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

13. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Ever notice that the gun grabbing leftists are now shooting at ICE governmental buildings? I think they should register cell/smartphones and be required to take classes in etiquette and proper writing techniques. Obviously from all of the Tesla crashes they should be taught more how to drive and not kill people. More killed on the highways than by any of my guns I own. I am just sayin'...…..Jetspray

15. Likes Waterdog, CDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Back in the 60's, I was Boy Scout, we would meet in the elementary school main cafeteria at night. On many occasions we would bring our 22's and shoot them in the cafeteria to get our badge. Those where the days!
    Could you imagine the look on the principals face if you asked to do it now?
    Now a days if you brought a pink plastic squirt gun to school you would be expelled. In the 40’s and 50’s kids in rural areas would sometimes drive their fathers pickup trucks to high school with rifles or shotguns in rifle racks and go hunting after school. In fact they seldom locked the trucks and their guns were not stolen. You use to be able to buy long guns and hand guns through the Sears catalog by mail. So what changed. It’s not the guns that changed. Simi-auto handguns, rifles and shotguns have been around for probably 100+ years. They may look a little different. What changed is society, families, values, attitudes, the reduction of the Christian church and its values in America. We use to have a moral compass, a set of morals we all tried to follow. The word moral is seldom heard or said today. We are afraid to teach morals because it may offend someone or some group. You often hear, well what’s considered moral for you may not be a moral for me.
    There are over 20,000 gun laws, federal, state and local on the books but they don’t stop everyday shootings or mass shootings. How many more gun laws do we need to stop the murder and mass murder? Murder it self is already against he law but that doesn’t stop criminals from murdering people. The answer is that there are no “gun” laws that will stop gun violence. Even if you banned guns, criminals would still have plenty of guns. If guns were banned it would make millions of new criminals because most of us would not give up our guns. The black market in guns would flourish and probably become bigger than the illegal drug market.
    The answer is long and complex and involves changing society and culture which may not be possible. If it is possible it could take decades or a century or more.
    But the stupid politicians think they must do something so they will pass new ineffective gun laws. The new laws as as always will affect only law abiding gun owners. The criminals will laugh and go right on committing violent crimes because they are criminals and that’s what they do.

17. Likes GW208, TBSP, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast