Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing forums a thing of the past??

That's kinda sad. I've visited there 2-3 times. I wish them well.

Having said that, I only visited because I am already a member of the best fishing forum on the net.
    Fungaiolo/Cacciatore/Pescatore

-Lou (Louis)

2. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fishing forums a thing of the past??

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    And the myth that no one can see a closed or secret group or a private account is just that...a myth.

The employees at facebook can see everything and those are the people first on my list of people I don't want to see and track me. Google's bad enough.

If a person is in a closed group and that person has an open account anyone can see what he posts. ie......pyramid lake fisheries....open account. I can see what has been posted without logging in at facebook.

Yep you should see the anti-tracking I have and how many times it gets hit, just looking here every day Don. I remember back when you had to pay extra to have a un-listed phone, be on a non-party line, or block phone numbers and have caller ID. To me it is all under the same umbrella of the deep state. BTW thank you democrats and Gov SissyStick for taking the state down the vote hole of not having a electoral college and just a popular vote. Taxation without representation here we come, open your wallets fellas....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    If I really want to search around I can use my wife's phone as she is registered. I posted on FinAddicts because I fished with CC most of the time, but I will not register there, I do not want to register on a site or business that I do not agree with. Seems they need to read the constitution once they joined the USA as a needed base....Jetspray
    And the myth that no one can see a closed or secret group or a private account is just that...a myth.

The employees at facebook can see everything and those are the people first on my list of people I don't want to see and track me. Google's bad enough.

If a person is in a closed group and that person has an open account anyone can see what he posts. ie......pyramid lake fisheries....open account. I can see what has been posted without logging in at facebook.

Catch ya later ... hooks

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    I wasn't a frequent poster but enjoyed Finaddicts. I've never seen a "group" on Facebook. I almost registered yesterday just out of curiosity. Completed the form then chickened out when asked to check the box agreeing to the TOS. Just couldn't push the submit button! Haha. I know eventually I'm going to join.
    If I really want to search around I can use my wife's phone as she is registered. I posted on FinAddicts because I fished with CC most of the time, but I will not register there, I do not want to register on a site or business that I do not agree with. Seems they need to read the constitution once they joined the USA as a needed base....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes CDK, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't a frequent poster but enjoyed Finaddicts. I've never seen a "group" on Facebook. I almost registered yesterday just out of curiosity. Completed the form then chickened out when asked to check the box agreeing to the TOS. Just couldn't push the submit button! Haha. I know eventually I'm going to join.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    Waste book is a great word my kids and wife are hooked, me I am still struggling with texts. heck you call me and get my voice mail it tells you if I don't recognize your name or number I will most likely not call you back.
    When I was about 4 years old and living on a farm in Iowa, I remember the wall phone we had there. You lifted the receiver from the yoke, turned a crank on the side of the box which sent a signal to the operator, then you would tell her who you wanted to call and she would go through several operators to make the connection. That phone would spit sparks when there was a lightning storm. 65 years later the phone just spits crap...….Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Waste book is a great word my kids and wife are hooked, me I am still struggling with texts. heck you call me and get my voice mail it tells you if I don't recognize your name or number I will most likely not call you back.

13. Likes CAL.NDN, Jetspray, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ideas on open FB pages? I still like to check in here now and then, but some FB alternatives would be good too.
    Fishing has been on the back burner for awhile now, but a stroll down by the red bridge in Fair Oaks had my thoughts of salmon going. Then shark, then sturgeon then....;)
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    30 Years ago, I was sharing fishing info via IRC. A few years later, it was chat rooms. Then, forums were the standard. In the last decade, social media platforms have become the one stop shop. Its just a natural progression of technology. Some folks decide to step off the progression train, while others are just boarding. Its not a bad thing.
    Take a look at tech stocks today, China is the problem and they don't play well in the sandbox....Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Fishing forums a thing of the past??

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    I suspect Doc is just tired of running and paying for a West Coast based forum when his interest are Florida retirement and Florida fishing. Originally, he did it because he's a great guy and wanted to give the ex-Hookers a place to go when their forum failed after an upgrade attempt.

Once again he has given those that are finnadicts.us members a viable alternative by creating the Facebook page. If you don't want to join Facebook to continue your friendships with other members then that's your choice. I left Finnadicts a few months ago after a user ripped me for something he had no clue about. I just didn't think it was worth being upset about so I quit.
    You were ahead of the curve again Steve. I still have scars from attacks of the past myself. Most of my friends know where I live, as you do. I still use a smartphone and have a landline too.....Jetspray

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast