Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whiskeytown 8/11

Had a family day at the lake Saturday evening, lots of fish popping the surface once the sun left the water, small kokes I'm guessing. Didn't fish, but graphed alot of fish near the bridge. Hope to get out one evening this week to pull a few in.

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I fished Whiskeytown on 8/9 on the way home from Trinity...we needed a kokanee fix; also, the lake is too beautiful to pass up. We launched at 2pm and had 4 in the boat within an hour and it was our first time fishing the lake. We lost a few and it was great practice for the kids. It is a beautiful lake and worth the trip to Redding. We used spinners and sockeye slammers in copper/orange. We also found the fish around 40 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

Drove by the lake the other day headed to Eureka. It looks realy nice for sure, wish I had time to hit it up, but other activities are calling my name, LOL. To many choices right now.
    Last edited by TJ WATER; 08-27-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Whiskeytown 8/11

Fished Whiskeytown on Sunday morning. Lake is full and beautiful, water temp 72 degrees. Started near the 299 bridge and caught a couple fat kokes of 13 1/2 inches. Moved down to the island near the dam and started seeing and catching more fish. There were 2 different year classes -- one of 9-10 inchers and one of 13-14 inchers. Kept 10 of the larger size and released about 15 of the smaller fish. Most fish came on pink/white Dick Nites and Sockeye Slammers behind Vance's cannonball flashers, 40 to 50 feet down at 1.3 mph.