Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Cobbler

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easy Cobbler

Yum, cobbler, my second favorite food group...right behind ice cream [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I appreciate the information.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, I got a call from Mongo in the middle of the day today, my little buddy was gonna swing by on his way to join Dante and Mikey for a weekend on the big pond. I know them boys are die hard so, I whipped up a Blue Berry Cobbler and sent it along with good wishes. I have a feeling that cobbler was gone before Mongo made it to the first red light. ;D ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

I love Rogers Blue Berry Cobbler 8-)

[smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif]

ITIT

Post Thanks / Like

wefish5, The Louisiana mix we are talking about is for cobbler. It's made by the same company that makes the Louisiana fish batter. It comes in a bag just like the fish batter mix except it says Cobbler on the front of the bag. There are two type's of crust to choose from, I prefer the crust that resembles grape nuts, golden brown and chewy. In some stores it's near the fish batter mix and in other stores it's on the isle where the cake mixes are. There is another thread on this same board titled Cobbler where I show some pictures of the Mix and the finished cobbler. It's great with blue Berry's, and easy and fast to make. I love it cold or hot with Ice cream.

Post Thanks / Like

Louisiana mix

Kneedeep,

I'm surious what is the Louisiana mix used for? Is it a batter for fish?

wefish5

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my way to the store Dave. ;) While I'm looking for that coffee cake mix, I'll take note of where the Louisiana mix is hidden and let ya know. *;D I'll grab a couple bags and save one for ya. The next time you head over to Fishermans, let me know and I'll drop it off over there for you. *Good luck at the Gorge and keep Mickey well fed, I hear he's a bear on an empty stomach. >:( *See if you can get Dennis to turn loose of a jar of his canned Kokes, now that he's gonna be bringing home a few that will fill a quart jar. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Roger, until I can find the Louisiana mix, I'm using my old stand-by. Give this one a shot too.

Dave

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Post Thanks / Like

I live in California, near the San Joaquin Valley, which is touted as the "breadbasket of America" (Should have said fruit basket, but I get what is meant by the term). Even though I live so close to peach orchards, I cannot find any tree-ripened, read-to-eat good ones. Well, wait, I did one time at a hole-in-the-wall produce stand, but they don't seem to sell them anymore.
    The ones in the grocery stores are hard, dry and not even sweet because they were picked too soon. I don't go for that "put them in a bag and they will ripen" stuff. They soften (it's also called decomposition) but that's not the same as being ripe.
    As soon as I can find some ripe peaches, I will try that cobbler recipe. Or maybe resort to canned peaches. Thanks! :P
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rich
    How do you peel a peach?
    The time is a little dependent on how ripe the peach is, but this is standard technique:

Put a couple peaches into a pot of already boiling water for approx. 10 - 15 seconds. Scoop and put peaches immediately in a bath of cold or ice water in the sink. This is called blanching. When you pick up the peach and lightly squeeze the skin, it will all come off the peach in one piece. The peach is not cooked in blanching, it just loosens the skin.

If the peach is really ripe, I can knick the skin with a knife and peel pretty quickly with a finger nail.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast