Thread: Fried Kokes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fried Kokes

Hey guys, I actually barbecued two the other night and poached one. The one poached with some lemon, garlic, salt ,pepper, and of course some water. Wasn't half bad. Next I'm going to fillet them and saute them in butter and olive oil just til they're done.

Sal

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, highly recommend the vacuum sealer.

Post Thanks / Like

DF30- I've never fried my kokes, but will give it a try. Yes, I freeze kokes and trout, usually for smoking at a later time. I just gut, remove head and tail, slice along the backbone and vacuum seal both pieces in meal-sized parcels. If I smoke some, I thaw what I need. With the vacuum sealer, I have never had a problem with freshness.

Post Thanks / Like

Fried Kokes

Just got done with dinner and man it was good. I tried a new way of cookin my kokes. I got as many bones out of the fillets as I could. Sprinkled a good amount of Seafood Magic, by Chef Paul Prudhomme, and garlic powder on them. I then fried the fillets in margarine. So far I think it's one of the best ways I've had them. Guess I better go get me some more. [smiley=chowtime.gif] DF30
    Forgot to ask. Does anybody ever freeze kokes for a later time? Just wondering how they would be. Thanks.