Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats with all the Trash

Quote Originally Posted by This Is Marks View Post
    I used to visit and hunt Montana a lot in Lincoln, between Great Falls, Missoula and Helena along the continental divide with my Grandpa Ernie. I was always amazed that no matter where we went on any back road, there was never any piles of garbage or even "green debris" dumped on the roads. I explained to him about hunting in CA, how you could be walking a trail you thought no ones been down before and turn the corner only to find a pile of garbage someone dumped.
    Ernie told me they didn't have that problem because the garbage was included in their taxes, so there was no need to dump it on the side of the road. That was 30 years ago and they didn't have garbage service then either, you brought your trash to Jim at the dump. Hell they didn't even have street names or addresses either back then. Lol
    Is this still true today?
    And NO, I'm not saying we should increase taxes. Just wondering if that's the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In city's like Missoula and Great Falls they have garbage service, But in rural areas there is none. Yes your right in smaller community's they have county operated dump's paid for with tax dollars, not sure if that's the reason it's cleaner, I think it's because their's not as many morons there. Also everyone nowadays has an address in Montana because of the 911 system, it don't work without an address. I feel Calif does not need to increase taxes to pay for more service's, just get rid of all the waste, fraud and abuse.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to visit and hunt Montana a lot in Lincoln, between Great Falls, Missoula and Helena along the continental divide with my Grandpa Ernie. I was always amazed that no matter where we went on any back road, there was never any piles of garbage or even "green debris" dumped on the roads. I explained to him about hunting in CA, how you could be walking a trail you thought no ones been down before and turn the corner only to find a pile of garbage someone dumped.
    Ernie told me they didn't have that problem because the garbage was included in their taxes, so there was no need to dump it on the side of the road. That was 30 years ago and they didn't have garbage service then either, you brought your trash to Jim at the dump. Hell they didn't even have street names or addresses either back then. Lol
    Is this still true today?
    And NO, I'm not saying we should increase taxes. Just wondering if that's the reason.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=crawdaddundee;1042874]Simple solution Mark. Re-pack and head back to Big Sky Country. Complain all you want but the slobs are here to stay.

If you don't like our garbage and slobs go back to we're you came from???? HAHAHA OMG that's funny, I guess that about sum's it up, I Rest My Case..

Post Thanks / Like

Simple solution Mark. Re-pack and head back to Big Sky Country. Complain all you want but the slobs are here to stay. Last week there was a river side clean up. Volunteers picked up some 55 metric tons of trash in 2 days. Who knows, could be next year that record could get broken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckpunk View Post
    It's only "green" when looking from the outside in. Truth be told we have a lot of lazy, POS slobs living here that don't give a crap. As far as using inmates, it's a great idea but I'm sure some bleeding heart liberal has already had it outlawed as cruel and unusual or too dangerous. The trash is one of the main reasons bank fishermen in this state have lost so many locations. You'll find it common practice for many who do care to carry garbage bags an fill up one or two to carry out when they go. It's a sad commentary but people just don't care any more. Do you recall the TV commercial with the "Indian" shedding a tear over a little trash? Nowadays I think that "Indian" would be curled up on the ground in the fetal position sobbing like a baby. Personally I'm ashamed of a vast majority of the people I share MY planet with

~RNP

Look up the valley view fire crew. they do ALOT of work around here, Same with the butte county sheriff inmate crew.They do mostly firefighting /road cleanup though

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the land of entitlement!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about this the other day after driving down Monterey Rd. from Coyote to Morgan Hill. You could furnish a 4 bedroom house with all the mattresses and furniture dumped along the road. People just have no respect for themselves or their community anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by houla View Post
    The trash is only a byproduct of all that is wrong with this state. I grew up here and have seen some very troubling changes. It's sad that a state that was founded by some of the most badass, adventurous, risk taking, tough, hardworking men and women has become what it has.
    I love reading about the history of CA and it's interesting to drive around and imagine what it took to settle here. The future of the state looks pretty damn scary to me but who knows. Maybe I'm just getting too old to understand the "vision".

A guy from some other site used to say that if he could have one wish completed, it would be to go back in time about 350 years with nothing but a .380 for self defense and a plethora of trout and salmon gear. Would be cool.

As for the trash and liberals, I'd say California is downright the filthiest state in the nation. People are so detached that they opt to live in squalor. And yeah, the roads are a joke here. And I swear, they're always doing roadwork somewhere, but it's never more than just some patchwork. Job security for the state if they have crappy infrastructure. Keeping that fiat currency rollin'.

I always have found it funny that people outside of CA like to act like this state is loaded with tree huggers. In reality, again, we have the most downright detached from the world urbanites in the nation. Fortunately, it is a very large state.

Post Thanks / Like

The trash is only a byproduct of all that is wrong with this state. I grew up here and have seen some very troubling changes. It's sad that a state that was founded by some of the most badass, adventurous, risk taking, tough, hardworking men and women has become what it has.
    I love reading about the history of CA and it's interesting to drive around and imagine what it took to settle here. The future of the state looks pretty damn scary to me but who knows. Maybe I'm just getting too old to understand the "vision".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 49erbassman View Post
    It's shameful. I have been to Texas, Arizona and Florida in the past year and they were all damn clean every where I went. The roads are nice and smooth unlike here where your car needs aligned every 6 months from all the holes,cracks and metal plates in the road. The fishing, camping and outdoors are the only thing that keep me here.

I'm just here for the weather oh and I love the fresh produce. Speaking of the roads we went to the bay area a few weeks back and when we got to I 580 over the Altamont the road was so bad I thought I was driving in a 3rd world country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast