Thread: Lure Tape?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lure Tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmeister View Post
    I use lure tape all the time to modify my lures as well as my flashers and dodgers. I have one that I made red gill slits and blue sides that is a killer for macs on Tahoe. I have had good luck on dodgers using the one that looks like a lot of halogram fish eyes.

All right, thanks for the info! I like the gill idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lure Tape?

I use lure tape all the time to modify my lures as well as my flashers and dodgers. I have one that I made red gill slits and blue sides that is a killer for macs on Tahoe. I have had good luck on dodgers using the one that looks like a lot of halogram fish eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Lure Tape?

I decided to add some green lure tape to a white and black Sierra Special spoon (my secret lure) and some silver tape to a Krocodile spoon. It's very shiny and I'm trying to imitate a Tui Chub with the Sierra Special (Tui Chubs have green sides and white bellies and are the main food source for cuttys at Pyramid) and just make the Krocodile more flashy and scale like. Has anyone ever had luck or any past experiences with lure tape? I may add some eyeball stickers to the front later too. Just want to experiment and find something that may work amazingly better. You never know. Any thoughts?

IMG_1952[1].jpg

IMG_1953[1].jpg