Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good halibut rigs?

Large spoons like a Little Cleo or Kastmaster will work for casting. They will also eat a dead bait mooched off the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Loch lomond. They sell shiners. They survive well in a 5 gallon bucket. Just bring another bucket with a rope to swap out the water periodically

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna try paradise again. I've been there before and caught a small halibut. I bought a few live anchovies from a guy on the pier, that worked , but I don't have easy access to live anchovies. I wanted to try some lures or possibly find a dead bait that works well. Or if anyone knows a bait shop North of Tiburon that has live bait I could use live bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Swimbaits and or bucktail jigs from shore. Or a super fluke on a dropshot rig. If your on a pier like paradise pier then a live bait or trap rig is normally your best shot.

Where were you thinking to try? I would suggest hitting bayfarm island, alameda rockwall based on where all the boat anglers have been reporting a lot of fish.

Best of luck

5. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good halibut rigs?

Never been halibut fishing before. What types of rigs are good for fishing from shore?