Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top Bass rig combinations

Dobnys rods are really nice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top Bass rig combinations

You didn't say what you were going to be using it for so I will just guess and tell you what I have. For spinning rods in the $170 price range I like the Shimano Crucials a lot but mine are old and I don't know about the newer ones. For $270 my Cumara is a very good drop shot rod.
    For small jigs and lures up to 1/2 ounce I bought a Dobyns 703c Sierra and I love it. The store told me a 704 was a better choice but I have some 705 and 706 Loomis rods and for the lighter lures I really like the Dobyns 703. I throw a lot of 3/8 and 1/2 ounce football jigs with the 703. The Sierra line is also around $170.

Spinning reels for $60 I like the Presidents for more money I like Shimanos I have three 2500 Symetres.
    For casting I like a lot of things but Shimano in whatever your price range is hard to beat. On my Dobyns I have a small Lew's and I like it a lot.
    Last edited by Grncrestliner; 05-14-2017 at 05:02 PM.

3. Likes Bcsampson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Top Bass rig combinations

I am looking for a new bass set up. I have some rods and reels I haven't been very happy with so lets hear what you guys think for good bass rod and reel combos in medium action with a fast tip.