Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rio Vista Area Striper Report

nice goin!

Post Thanks / Like

The water clarity was good (for the delta). I'd guess a couple of feet. I don't recall the temp. I always check the water temp several times when I'm out but this time I didn't, don't know why. I just forgot.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job and thanks for the report. How was the water clarity and temp?

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Wd... That area down there is a struggle for me... Hopefully I'll get it dialed one day... Like you delta vets...
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like there's big ones in there still, I know those boat ramps are gonna be crazy tomorrow.... Great report, and couldn't ask for a better day on the water...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rio Vista Area Striper Report

First time out in my boat in 8 weeks due to recovering from minor surgery. Just me and my dog. Launched at Brannon about 7:45am. Only 4 other boat trailers in the lot. Great conditions, light wind 5 or 6mph. Went under the 160 bridge straight to the opposite shore. Trolled in 15 to 20' of water up toward Sandy Beach. Within 5 minutes fish on. Put up a great fight. Netted it and estimated it around 10lbs. Healthy looking fish. Released it to play another day. Then headed down past the old dairy. Fish on again. Looked like a twin of the first. Released.
    No more action so I went over to Decker Is. trolled shallow the horse shoe and close to shore on the out side. 2 probable keepers, netted and released. Called it a day.
    Details - in the deep water I used red and white Yozuri's, white worm trailer, 70 to 80' back. Scent Procure Bloody Tuna Anise. 3 to 4.5 mph.
    Shallow I used shallow diving Yosuri's in various colors with worm and scent. 120' back.
    Had a great day on the water , anxious to get back out.
    Only took one pic of the first fish in the net but it's not really quality to post.
    One last thing , I walked out in the garage this morning and the smell almost knocked me over. I had taken along some anchovies and shad I had in the freezer, didn't use them. I forgot them in the boat. Won't ever do that again.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 07-15-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.