Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck Air Conditioning Question

I like to be prepared and now Im prepared for next summer. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. It cost an arm from the elbo down.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet it still cost him an arm,,,guess it still could have been worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Just a followup for those interested. Problem turned out to be low refrigerant caused by a leak in the high pressure hose. Repaired that, recharged the system, put a new cabin air filter in and Im good to go. It will now freeze you out of the cab if you turn the fan higher than low.
    Ahhhh,just in time for winter!!!Glad it wasn't serious an cost ya an arm an a leg...

Post Thanks / Like

Just a followup for those interested. Problem turned out to be low refrigerant caused by a leak in the high pressure hose. Repaired that, recharged the system, put a new cabin air filter in and Im good to go. It will now freeze you out of the cab if you turn the fan higher than low.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it Bankie, Thanks. Im taking the truck to a shop Monday morning. Hoping for cheap but prepared for expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Waterdog I sent you a PM.

Bankie

7. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    I understand the concept. In my youth if a car or truck was running hot on a hot day, especially when pulling a trailer we would switch the lever for the heater. Moving the lever to heat opened the valve allowing coolant to run through the heater core which provided more cooling for the engine. When I did this you could see the temp gauge go down a little.
    Id hate to have a modern vehicle that does that on its own and blasts out heat on a warm day.
    Between Robotics,AI,an government you'll soon be Free to do as you like.......

9. Likes Bankie, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand the concept. In my youth if a car or truck was running hot on a hot day, especially when pulling a trailer we would switch the lever for the heater. Moving the lever to heat opened the valve allowing coolant to run through the heater core which provided more cooling for the engine. When I did this you could see the temp gauge go down a little.
    Id hate to have a modern vehicle that does that on its own and blasts out heat on a warm day.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2017 Ford Transit T250 will do this by design. If the engine is under heavy load and the outside temps are high it will shift over from AC to heater to use the heater core for added cooling. The two outer vents shut and the two inner go wide open blowing hot air. If more is needed the two outer will open also. it's annoying as heck and I only had it happen once on Donner pulling a totally over loaded u haul trailer. I wasn't sure what was going on but later I found out that it was supposed to do that.

12. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the info., I appreciate it. I have a Toyota Tacoma double cab off road 4x4. Dont know if the make and model make a difference. Im bringing it into a shop tomorrow to check it out. Just hoping it wont be a lot of $$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast