Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I get some help

I am going to contact lowrance this week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys sorry I didn't take a pic of how it's mounted and I already hung backup in garage. It is in a mold of duct puddy and this how some kayakers I know do it with no.problems you you wrap the puddy with plastic and it molds it and fold it over it stays in place well. Ok today it started out great was working then it went to stick on 60 after awhile so I turned off and back on and worked good again for a bit and did this 3 times and would work again and back to 60 and then about the forth time it stayed on 60 no matter what depth and if I turned off and on wouldn't change. Was actual doing well marking fish and bottom then would stick on me. Here is pictures of it working properly th an when it would stick on 60. And a couple trout pics.

Ok I guess it stuck on 7.1 first time. Then 60 every other time.

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go Chris, this might explain why you're having problems..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z1pXAbaX-Y

Post Thanks / Like

You're right. Now that I look closer (and no contacts in ) every pic does show a faint bottom right at the surface. Issue might be the transducer picking up the kayak as the bottom.

Cal-Ndn, try taking the transducer out out of the kayak and hold a few feet over the ground. Should see a difference on you unit. If you do, it might be necessary to have the traducer mounted outside your kayak somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrout View Post
    My first question would be: is the transducer pinging because none of your pics show a bottom. If it isn't, you might have a bad transducer, bad connection or wrong transducer selected. If it is pinging, how is it mounted inside your kayak, just in there or glassed/epoxyed in place?

To me, it looks like something is interfering with your signal. Could be space between the bottom of the transducer and your kayak, a bad transducer (not pinging) or maybe you have the wrong transducer selected on your sonar unit.

Calling lowrance and asking them might be your best option if nothing else fixes the issue.
    His first pictures on page 1 show bottom around 1 ft. His later picture with no bottom showing is with the unit out of the water.

Post Thanks / Like

My first question would be: is the transducer pinging because none of your pics show a bottom. If it isn't, you might have a bad transducer, bad connection or wrong transducer selected. If it is pinging, how is it mounted inside your kayak, just in there or glassed/epoxyed in place?

To me, it looks like something is interfering with your signal. Could be space between the bottom of the transducer and your kayak, a bad transducer (not pinging) or maybe you have the wrong transducer selected on your sonar unit.

Calling lowrance and asking them might be your best option if nothing else fixes the issue.

7. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    Thanks for all help ....... I have in mounted inside the dry well.

How solid is the transducer mounting? If you want it to ping through the hull then it really needs to be bedded in something like 5200. There can't be any air space between the mounting point and the water. Is there any way you can fabricate a removable mount that would allow it to hang off the side or the back?

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post

I have had no experience with transducers mounted in kayak drywells, so the transducer mounting could also be a possibility. In my experience, Lowrance service will ask you to double check and test all these items and report back to them before deciding it is the transducer unit, so it is best to check them all out before calling them or you will be calling multiple times, and talking to a different rep each time.
    I would expect that your unit may be popular with kayakers. Have you asked for help on the kayak fishing sites?

11. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OYD View Post
    I have never had that happen with any of my units, even in 4 ft swells on Pyramid in a 14 foot boat.
    Yes but this one of the fishing buddy units (I still have it in storage here). It was not that accurate at all........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast