Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hook Sonoma or Berryessa

Hey Gents - I haven't fished much in years but recently picked up a new boat. My aim is to put my 10 year old kid on some fish (or even just A fish will do) this coming weekend 7/1/2018.

I have two choices: Lake Sonoma or Berryessa (the only Lakes I have a hope of seeing at any early hour).

I have a DR, fish finder, GPS with speed, rods and reels.

What do you think? Should I hit Sonoma or should I hit the big Berry. My limitation on the water is travel speed (And my total lack of fishing skill, but that is another story). My mini pontoon looks cool but it is SLOW so fishing and launching need to be pretty near. Los Vaqueros is another option.

Thank you for any input and any specific tips sent PM. :)

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonoma or Berryessa

At Sonoma, the bass are probably guarding fry so you shouldn't have to venture very far from the ramp. Keep out of the wind and work around the docs at the marina but stay far enough away so you dont interfere with boat traffic. Work around the bridge too. You may pick up a trout or two over by Sherrifs cove on the opposite side. If the Jetty for the ramp is exposed theres usually fish hanging out on the lake side. If its windy just work the Marina area. If you're trolling then a rapala can work or a wedding ring. Bass will take plastic worms rigged whacky style.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonoma or Berryessa

Thank you @LineStretcher and thank you @critterbob too!!