Thread: Bank Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bank Fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by natemeister View Post
    Lots of spots in Sac County to try for Salmon from the bank, but you're going to have to use google or do your own searching. Since they closed down Nimbus basin to fishing, those anglers will be looking for spots too and all the niche spots that only hold 3-4 guys will be very coveted. If you really want to do research, float down the American River on a weekend morning and mark the spots where they're fishing from the bank. I'd start at right below the power lines at Ancil Hoffman Golf Course and just float down as far as you like. If you have time, float down to the confluence of the American River and Sacramento River at Discovery/Tiscornia Park. You'll mark at least a dozen spots. I do the same thing, just on my bike, because the bike trail follows the American River.

You can find spots in the barbless section, as well. Here's a sample of my recon pictures. If there are that many people wading in the river, it's probably a hotspot :)
    20171009_073308.jpg

If the noble warrior doth possess a boat then vanquishing the magnificent beasts from the aforementioned vessel would seem most opportune. Slaying them from land would seem the action of a ninnyhammer where one must not only travel by steed or, dare I say walk, but also seek the fellowship of peasants like myself. Our hero will also be vulnerable to attack from Orcs and naked Pygmies.

My good man, whether by boat or by land, may your quest be rich in adventure! I await your great tales upon your return in a few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    Good morning good people of the Fishsniffer!,

I am just a lonely bank fishermen trying to find salmon from the shore line. I know throwing flying C's has been the key to thy success in these painfully slow dire times. My injuries from my carriage accidents have prevented my travels from wandering to far around the mainland. Therefore, I am setting forth an adventure of immense proportion where I am hoping to be successful in capturing the prize of the king salmon. Wherefore are my guidance chancellors to the locations of these magnificent creatures?

Sorry I have been waiting to long for GOT.
    Is it me or does this post sound just like one of the Zambian princes in exile trying to give me a million dollars if I can arrange a bank transfer...

Seriously though, there are lots of bank spot all over the river system where intrepid fishermen do well every year

3. Likes Grant916 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just a lonely bank fishermen trying to find salmon from the shore line. I know throwing flying C's has been the key to thy success in these painfully slow dire times. My injuries from my carriage accidents have prevented my travels from wandering to far around the mainland. Therefore, I am setting forth an adventure of immense proportion where I am hoping to be successful in capturing the prize of the king salmon. Wherefore are my guidance chancellors to the locations of these magnificent creatures?

I have just the spot for you!!!!

http://fishsniffer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135091

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of spots in Sac County to try for Salmon from the bank, but you're going to have to use google or do your own searching. Since they closed down Nimbus basin to fishing, those anglers will be looking for spots too and all the niche spots that only hold 3-4 guys will be very coveted. If you really want to do research, float down the American River on a weekend morning and mark the spots where they're fishing from the bank. I'd start at right below the power lines at Ancil Hoffman Golf Course and just float down as far as you like. If you have time, float down to the confluence of the American River and Sacramento River at Discovery/Tiscornia Park. You'll mark at least a dozen spots. I do the same thing, just on my bike, because the bike trail follows the American River.

You can find spots in the barbless section, as well. Here's a sample of my recon pictures. If there are that many people wading in the river, it's probably a hotspot :)
    20171009_073308.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

How far is too far from your mainland..you mean Antioch?..do you want to go. Explain more in detail your adventure of immense proportion? I assume you have the pole and tackle for Salmon.

Do you want to just stay in the Antioch area?...There's also the Antioch fishing pier you can go to but it's elevated off the water so you need a long handled net. Ask some fisherman there for Salmon bank spots??..Also the Antioch City Marina has an area on the rocks..in between the pier and where the boats exit about 200 feet from each, next to a bushy tree. There's a video on youtube.."Catching a Salmon in Antioch CA on the delta"..it's 1:35 long [turn the sound down] and it shows this guy and friends netting a 8-10lb Salmon at the spot I described at that marina. Talk to your local bait and tackle stores in and around your area. You could drive 20 miles to Benicia. Go to the 1st street pier and bring a chair and net. Talk to fisherman there.

Stop at Benicia bait and tackle to get more ideas. There's Benicia State Park in between Benicia and Vallejo. Lots of guys go there, big crowd using Flying C's and Ve-Ze lures there. Ve-Ze's can be bought at Benicia bait and tackle. You can try going to Rio Vista, not sure about bank fishing there. 20 miles north is Isleton, go across the bridge. You can park and toss Flying C's ..and then there's the Sacto Area. Fish off the bank a 1/4 mile south of the Freeport bridge. If your injuries make it hard for you to stand, try sitting on a folding chair or upside down 5 gallon bucket with a cushion or go on a Salmon guide boat. I know about those fishing areas in the delta for Salmon but I've never fished them except Freeport. Good luck, hope this helps!!
    Last edited by Mark1; 08-22-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bank Fishing!