Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young America Lake

Many moons ago when I was a lot younger and full of energy to burn..........
    I started at the lower lakes and climbed straight up the miles of granite boulders and out crops
    to finally get to the top and enjoy the beauty of that little jewel.

I did not know of any trails and just did my thing..... never even thought about what would happen if I
    got hurt or broke a leg !! Ah.. to be young and carefree.

When I got back to the car, I noticed that I had lost the lens cover to my 35mm camera !! Bummer.....
    A great trip if you are up for it.

Nothing like a picture of Goldens.......... in or out of the water.
    If you don't fly fish.......... they can be had with a small brass spoon.
    Tight lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liverson View Post
    Just did the crazy hike to Young America Lake below the Sierra Buttes. I went to try and see if there really were Golden Trout in this lake. After catching a half dozen amazingly beautiful Brook trout on a tiny caddis fly, a large hopper and a nymph, I caught the most amazingly beautiful, on fire, Golden Trout!! Mission accomplished!!
    Wow! what a beautiful lake! :)

YoungAmericaLake-3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Always wondered if those lakes held any fish. I've hiked up to the fire lookout, walking by Tamarack Lakes, but didn't have any luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Liverson View Post
    Just did the crazy hike to Young America Lake below the Sierra Buttes. I went to try and see if there really were Golden Trout in this lake. After catching a half dozen amazingly beautiful Brook trout on a tiny caddis fly, a large hopper and a nymph, I caught the most amazingly beautiful, on fire, Golden Trout!! Mission accomplished!!
    Congrats that’s a hell of a hike glad you caught some. I haven’t been in there in 40 years but I am sure it is still beautiful and pristine. We used to fry fish fresh out of the lake and put our beer in the snow bank to stay cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Young America Lake

6. Likes CDK, nayr, MtnFisher, Jeff E liked this post