Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Boat Purchase - Questions RE: Top, Troll & Bait

Did you check out the 1 year old 22 ft North River in the boat classified? All rigged with top of line equip.

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    Go with the soft top,,, that is a WAY nice boat for 75% lakes and rivers. Enjoy the shopping.
    Thanks Steely, your right but at some point (as my child grows older) I'll be fishing the ocean more and so I want a capable boat.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Go with the soft top,,, that is a WAY nice boat for 75% lakes and rivers. Enjoy the shopping.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll take which ever one is given to me. I can’t afford either of the three.
    That being said I would opt for a boat without a swim platform for the ocean. When the waves get behind you it can make for a decent amount of spray coming over the back. In a 1996 Bayliner we used to own it made the boat feel unstable when the waves would crawl up onto the platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New Boat Purchase - Questions RE: Top, Troll & Bait

I'm looking hard at new boats - right now it's between North River Seahawk '22, Rogue Jet Coastal '22/'23 or Edge Marine '23 OS. Plan on using it 75% lakes/rivers for trout, kokanee, stripers, etc., 25% bay/ocean.

1. What are your opinions for a hard top vs. canvas top for our area? My biggest concern is ventilation and the heat, but hard top protection would be great on ocean. If I went hardtop, I would get the curtain backed version as opposed to Alaskan bulkhead.

2. What is the best remote control troll set up for trout, halibut, salmon? I have seen some say that hey simply use the Ulterra for trout. I have seen that for some a TR1 works good with Troll Master for throttle control. Auto pilot on main for redundancy?

3. Scotty vs. Cannon: what do you prefer for electric downriggers and why? Do you think 2 is enough or would you go with a 3 or 4 rigger set up?

4. Live Bait Setup: what's the best live bait set up for these style boats? Kodiak on the swim step? Other options?

Thanks for your input.

10. Likes Jetspray, Paintguy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12