Post Thanks / Like

Re: No Rain for a few days how much will the delta clear up?

Cheers, radoncraft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bnjrmyn View Post
    Radoncraft, that was an impressive bike ride you took. Also, thanks for the report, seems you never skunk.
    Oh yes I do get skunked. I don't post every time I go out.

The bike ride was a cheap, fun, challenging way to check out some of the water conditions.

But, I am ready to get into a jig fest..
    Hope you also, hit into some of those this year Ben.

Post Thanks / Like

Radoncraft, that was an impressive bike ride you took. Also, thanks for the report, seems you never skunk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBoardfox View Post
    With all the rain we have had the delta has seen a good flushing and I am hoping a few days of no wet weather may get the delta in prime condition for stripers. Anyone been out with any luck or mark many fish? What is the water like on both sides of the river Sac/SJ?
    DB
    I made a bike ride yesterday towards the Stockton port, but could not get close enough to see the water. I had to look at it from a distance. Seems like they have fenced all that area and what is not is business properties. The best I could see it looked dark, but not muddy . I continued on to Wiskey slough , the water actually looked .... interesting. The color looked like tea drink, or Wiskey drink...... Maybe that's why they call it Wiskey slough. Very windy, white capping. Continued to Discovery Bay, same thing there Wiskey color, needless to say no boats were out yesterday. Onward to Antioch, Eddo's, Rio Vista, and up the river road to Sac,, muddy water as far as you can see. It's going to take much more than a couple of days to clear up..at least two weeks?????...
    Last Saturday a friend and I fished the sac deep channel, found some decent water area and got four keeper stripes and a hand full of shakers. The keepers were not big. The following Monday I went back by myself. The fish had move on... After about and hour and a half of searching, a big ocean freighter came by heading to the port. It didn't look bad at first. The wake it was pushing , wasn't much,,,,, until the water pushed up on the shallows.....with the high rain water , the water kept building and when it was done, all the debris and mud came back into the channel. In a short time it was muddy water from bank to bank. I gave it about another hour before giving up. Finished with one 14" inch stripe. Even the created muddy water might take a while to somewhat clear up. But since I don't know when to say when, I'll probably be back out there soon..... won't catch anything in front of the TV.
    Good luck out there.

5. Likes Paintguy, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No Rain for a few days how much will the delta clear up?

With all the rain we have had the delta has seen a good flushing and I am hoping a few days of no wet weather may get the delta in prime condition for stripers. Anyone been out with any luck or mark many fish? What is the water like on both sides of the river Sac/SJ?
    DB