Gave up holding out for the perfect weather day and packed up and headed to Camanche at the crack of 9 after kindergarten drop off.

Light wind and scattered clouds set up for what I hoped would be a nice reaction bite. Water temp ranged from 56* to 60* and 3’-4’ clarity from mid-lake up to Launcha Plana.

Slow start throwing basstrix, senkos, underspin rigged fluke and a drop shot Aaron’s Magic 4” Roboworms until pulling up to a channel ledge in the houseboat moorage. 3 quick dropshot fish from 1.75# to 2.25# in 28’-30’ H20.

Moved on throwing Lucky Craft Pointer Minnows and Basstrix around the houseboats before moving uplake for 1 more dink spot.

Focused on secondary points around Launcha Plana and got in to a nice rhythm on a half dozen chunky 2# -2.5# spots ripping the Ghost Minnow 100 Pointer and an old school black/gold Bomber.

Starting to piece together where they were holding, I slowed down with a wacky rigged green pumpkin senko and picked off a nice mix of 8 spots and largemouth up to 3.25# on the next 3 points, all hitting on the initial drop in 4’-6’ of water.

A brief squall came through late afternoon so we ran down lake to get away from the showers and ominous skies. Tucked in to fish some sheltered pockets along the north shore campgrounds and day use areas for 2 more LMB on senkos before calling it a day around 6. No giants, but a nice day on the lake with steady action and virtually zero boat traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk