Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rod Storage while trailering, where?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    If you are in mind to purchase something that might work, many sites have things to take care of this. Some are very expensive, some are not. I have had my best luck at Overton's for boat things, but other sites have things as well. If you measure the area where you can make something yourself look into thick PVC tubing it may give you ideas on how to make what you need...….Jetspray
    Yes I was thinking of using golf club sleeves for the rod tips. I was just wondering how everyone else were transporting their rods since this boat is new to me. My previous boat had rod locker storage.

Thanks again.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

2. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, a crew of four there's usually 12-16 rods on a Tuna trip. Mine are in a rod socks and reels in a neoprene covers. I split the rods up half each side boat leaning back up against the stern rail. I use those twisty's ? not sure of the right name to hold the rods in place, I buy them from HD. They are handy for all kinds of stuff on the boat,,,gregg

4. Likes Hookem2004, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    I wish the sides of my gunnel were open like that but they are not. There is a shelf on mine and then a place for two rods, but the opening is only 4 feet long and it's difficult to get them in.
    If you are in mind to purchase something that might work, many sites have things to take care of this. Some are very expensive, some are not. I have had my best luck at Overton's for boat things, but other sites have things as well. If you measure the area where you can make something yourself look into thick PVC tubing it may give you ideas on how to make what you need...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Hookem2004, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I can store about 6 rods per side as shown, up to 8 feet long, on a 17 foot boat.

Best wishes for fishes.KERPOW!
    I have the same set of rubber holders on my boat. I drilled a hole through the rail/rubber area of each clamp. Then I bought some cheap clamps from Harbor Freight tools that when opened they were big enough to clamp around the rubber, each rubber has it's own keeper pin through the aluminum rail/rubber to hold it in place. I also have a engine cover for my V-6 Vortec engine and it has a set of tubes attached to it......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I am taking a pile of rods, I put them in stik jackets, then lean them across the passenger seat in the cockpit of my North River with the arm rest at a slight upward angle. Butts on the ground, tips in the air. Been doing it for years without an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KERPOW View Post
    I can store about 6 rods per side as shown, up to 8 feet long, on a 17 foot boat.

I wish the sides of my gunnel were open like that but they are not. There is a shelf on mine and then a place for two rods, but the opening is only 4 feet long and it's difficult to get them in.
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats the same way we do it when we fish out of our 16 foot tracker. Its a open tiller so there isn’t much for storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rod Storage while trailering, where?

For those boats that do not have rod storage lockers, where do you lay your rods in your boat while trailering? Currently I'm laying them along the gunnel with the rod resting on the rear of the boat so they stick up a few feet. Then I use a bungee and wrap all the rods and secure it the inside of the boat so they don't slide around.

Is there a better way? Pics would be great.

There are times I have 8 - 12 rods depending on who comes fishing with me and I was curious if I was missing something better.

Thanks....
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12