Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enigma Lake (Folsom)

I caught a beautiful 21" rainbow last year and more than a few other nice trout from time to time while bass fishing Folsom. Maybe that is the trick!

2. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was out on Saturday for a few hours. Tried top-lining, leadcore and downrigger. Caught 1 small King (14). Lots of fight though for the size. Had one other LDR. The one I got came off a red/copper speedy shiner off the downrigger at 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great I like that 50 degree mark you would think they would too . Its true Folsom is an enigma for sure . Been out there many days with nothing to show but had some good days and some great days its just you have to find em and for them its like Hide N Seek and they are good at it . I know a lot of people go up the north fork does anyone fo up the south fork?
    There are some good pools up the south if you can get your boats up there . Not many people go up there unless they are miners . Tightlines BF

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there today as well in the red NR. Landed one fish. I was fishing in the area where I landed 8 fish last Thursday; no fish in the area today. However, as I was getting ready to call it a day, I saw some surface activity in shallower water, 40'-50'. Turned into area and immediately hooked up with 3 colors of lead core, but lost the fish. That's where I'm headed tomorrow. Fish must be in top 15' of water, because I'm marking few fish on the FF. Most of the fish I have landed in the past few weeks have been on the lead core rigs. I'll be running two tomorrow. Best lure for me so far is silver/orange speedy shiner, 1/6 oz, with no flasher. Surprised at how many boats were out there today.

6. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Enigma Lake (Folsom)

We fish this lake because it is only about 15 minutes from our home and not because we expect to catch fish although sometimes we do. However if I had to depend on fish for survival this lake would not sustain me for long. In any case today was a great day to witness the lake at its' almost full condition, we traveled up the north fork well above Rattlesnake Bar where the water temperature dropped to near 50 degrees where in the main part of the lake was near 58. My fish locator showed white screen most all of the day. Occasionally some marks would show up and cause some hope of maybe catching something but it is Folsom and we came home empty handed. There were many boats on the water. I did not see anyone catch anything. It is in beautiful condition and looks like it could be a much better lake to fish than it is so I will be headed to either BB or Camanche next time out and hopefully put some fish in the boat. Our freezer is almost out of trout. Don't know if this report helps anyone but here it is. Also lots of government people looking for a missing jet skier. Oh and we actually saw a lone Bald Eagle that was good to see.

8. Likes bigfin liked this post