Post Thanks / Like

Re: Honeybee Success - Lake Almanor

Quote Originally Posted by HONEYBEE View Post
    The Honeybees on amazon are a completely different product - I believe they are flies. The Honeybees on Ebay and many fishing sites are used or previously purchased (many times great deals).

Chris, thanks for sharing with great detail! If you don't see the logo ....they aren't the same!
    Just trying to spark some interest, usually I do find that purchasing direct from manufacturers gets you some access to newer lures coming. I agree that they need to come in the form of a great deal by those who make them, because they know how they work...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Honeybee Success - Lake Almanor

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    You can get them from Ebay, Amazon, and many fishing sites. Try this one...…..Jetspray

https://www.tamiron.com/Tamiron-Honeybees-s/103.htm
    The Honeybees on amazon are a completely different product - I believe they are flies. The Honeybees on Ebay and many fishing sites are used or previously purchased (many times great deals).

Chris, thanks for sharing with great detail! If you don't see the logo ....they aren't the same!

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expedition View Post
    where do you buy these Honeybee Lures?
    I bought them direct...tamiron.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expedition View Post
    You can get them from Ebay, Amazon, and many fishing sites. Try this one...…..Jetspray

https://www.tamiron.com/Tamiron-Honeybees-s/103.htm
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honeybee Success - Lake Almanor

Had a chance to put the Honeybee mp6 to test last Friday, May 3 at Lake Almanor.

Normally this time of year the metal bite is really good, and I troll speedy shiners and mooselook wobblers, but wanted to try something different and purchased “a few” honeybees.

I was solo on the water with two lines in at 6:15am, trolling my typical 2.76 to 2.88 mph over 30 to 40 feet of water. Surface temp was 56 degrees, with lures 120 feet back OTW at 10 and 15 feet. First hookup came within in 5 minutes of the troll, a 2 pound salmon, on the 10ft line. Not bad...I continued on. Throughout the morning I continued to troll, hook, and land fish. All in all I landed and released 16 fish to 3.5 pounds with some other grabs and long distance releases, before calling it quits at Noon. Even though I experimented with an hand full of colors, one color caught all the fish...silver with the hot pink head and tail attached on a duo lock snap.

It was good to try something new, and l look forward to running more of them the next time out. I also look forward to trying some additional colors.

B42F0F5E-E81F-4678-AD34-C7DF7EFBD1DA.jpg4620A66A-8DB6-4BF0-979A-661284BEE0CC.jpg94C8EF0A-9C57-4C59-A50B-D3301CE52784.jpg

9. Likes Jetspray, Paintguy, big_trout24, Stickman liked this post