There are a couple of ways to look at this...

1. The spoons that are actually large wobblers like they use in the Columbia around Buoy 10 and in many parts of the Northwest. These are made to troll, mostly in heavier currents that accompany strong tidal changes. I never used these but I have no doubt that any method that catches fish in Oregon and Washington will produce here as well but the river conditions here would require a learning curve on how to fish them effectively.

2. Casting type spoons like the Kastmaster, Krocodile, Little Cleo, etc. These are primarily viewed as shore angler lures but they can also be used for jigging or trolling if someone takes the time to learn how to control depth and speed.

I used to fish wobbling plugs exclusively for chinook, then I switched to spinners....caught more on the plugs than the spinners, but the locations and type of fishing I did changed over the years and the spinners served me well. At some point, I ran across a guy who had just landed a limit using 1/2 oz chrome Wob-L-Rite spoons and the light bulb clicked in my head. After that, I experimented with a broad range of spoons and caught fish on Wob-L-Rite, Little Cleo and Kastmaster spoons....the Kastmaster in chrome and 1 oz size, outfished the others by 50:1 and that became my lure of choice altered only by replacing the treble with a 5/0 Gamakatsu Siwash hook and using sardine or anchovy scent. I caught a number of chinooks up to 25 lbs casting, jigging and trolling. The key to the trolling was to fish water with little or slow current in order for the spoon to wobble slowly and produce more flash. Running the spoon behind a large flasher and adjusting speed and weight to keep it close to the bottom seemed to be the best combination.