Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Bay Regional Parks Lakes: Planted trout in the warmer months?

Here in Nevada plants don't usually start until May to when the weather warms up and Memorial day gets near.

Number of fish dumped depends on the amount of $$ that is in the budget...........
    so it can be good or minimum plant in all the surrounding waters.

Nevada plants catfish to trout..........
    I have not looked into the Calif. types.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

You are simply going to be hit by higher temps and low flows of water. Sit fishing will come into play in somewhat deeper waters in the lakes that have trout. Good luck on your choices and play with Chartreuse Gulp in any case you will have better catches with that......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at quarry lakes a couple of weeks ago and caught a limit. 1.5lb,1.75lb,(2)2.5lb, and a 6.5lb fish using rainbow runners about 25' on the down riggers

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TBSP View Post
    Welcome to the boards! The EBRPD lakes are never productive for trout fishing unless there are regular plants. Once the weather warms up and the trout planting stops, you’re better off heading inland to higher elevation lakes if it is Trout you’re after.
    Ah ok... bummer but I appreciate the input! Thank you.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards! The EBRPD lakes are never productive for trout fishing unless there are regular plants. Once the weather warms up and the trout planting stops, you’re better off heading inland to higher elevation lakes if it is Trout you’re after.

9. Likes Jetspray, Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish East Bay Regional Parks Lakes: Planted trout in the warmer months?

Now that the seasons are going to be warming up EBRPD will probably start transitioning from planting Trout to Catfish soon. I was wondering if anyone had good experiences pulling Trout out from any of the EBRPD Lakes during the late Spring and Summer months – in particular, Quarry Lakes or Shadow Cliffs.

I've been to lakes like Collins Lake where the Trout fishing is always good year round but what about these East Bay lakes? Would I be more productive on a boat during these times? What should I be looking for? Thermocline locations? Etc. Etc...

I'm just getting myself ready, I usually surf fish but need to change things up.

I would appreciate any tips and tips on spotting a good location to fish at!

Thanks for reading!

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post