Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kicker suggestions

Good that its a long shaft, let it run deep for trolling, it wont cavitate with the up and down in some swell or chop. As long as it clears the water tilted up under way with the main,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wigaard View Post
    I know you have the 6hp, but have you giving any consideration to just adding a trolling plate to the 35hp?
    Yea I thought about that. I just didnít want to put unnecessary hours on the main if I could get away with it. But that will be plan B if I canít put the kicker on my boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I know you have the 6hp, but have you giving any consideration to just adding a trolling plate to the 35hp?

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing to keep in mind is the weight limit of your boat and what you add to it. Kind of limits the amount of gear and people you can add in too. My kicker has a hydraulic lift on it and boy do I like that. Since I have a jet nozzle I have to use electric steering which I like as well. Hope you have luck with your choices......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah try putting it on there with just the clamps on the kicker straight on the transom

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    " Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it ". - Norman Maclean.

7. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    Before you mount it permanently, if there's a way to just hang it on the transom I would do that and then launch the boat to see how it sits in the water. If you don' think you've lost too much freeboard then go ahead and mount it permanently.
    This is what I was trying to say. Your kicker should have clamps so you just hang it on your transom (if there’s room) and tighten up the clamp bolts. If there’s not room then you need to mount a mounting bracket.
    its a lousy picture but here’s a pic of my 6hp mounted on my transom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Waterdog; 06-03-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you mount it permanently, if there's a way to just hang it on the transom I would do that and then launch the boat to see how it sits in the water. If you don' think you've lost too much freeboard then go ahead and mount it permanently.

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    On your boat I think there is enough room to mount your kicker on the transom next to the main motor. Check that out first cause if possible thatís the way to go.
    If you need to use a mounting bracket thereís lots to be found on the internet. Itís a simple easy installation , usually just 4 bolts.
    The 6hp will work just fine on your boat.
    Should I install one of those Panther counterbalance kicker mounts that can lift the entire motor out or a stationary one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On your boat I think there is enough room to mount your kicker on the transom next to the main motor. Check that out first cause if possible thatís the way to go.
    If you need to use a mounting bracket thereís lots to be found on the internet. Itís a simple easy installation , usually just 4 bolts.
    The 6hp will work just fine on your boat.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that kicker would work fine and a back up if he main faults out.
    Your boat is light, short transom design and with the long shaft kicker you could mount it up on the next height of you transom.
    Pics would help.
    I have mine on deep Crestliner Serenity 1800 boat with Honda BF 90 and a hi-tork BF 8 and used tie rod to connect both so they both steer and linkage is at front of both outboards. Pics soon

17. Likes Jetspray, Paintguy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast