Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fly Fishing Tutor

It's a tough area to get to the main flow but a good area. I was out this morning, north side upper sunrise or lower sailor bar depending how you look at it. Shady side, and harder to find casting room. Hot out there! The lower flows are really helping, but you still need to be cautious.

2. Likes Paintguy, fishermanavdo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macfish View Post
    Right now would be a real good time to hit the American River for Shad. You will get tons of casting time and the fish are fun. Minimum 6wt. 7/8 even better at these flows. Many of us down there, if you have a switch or spey rod even better.
    Might have to give it a shot today, Iíll go grab some shad flies in a bit. Do you guys fish near Rio Americano high school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Right now would be a real good time to hit the American River for Shad. You will get tons of casting time and the fish are fun. Minimum 6wt. 7/8 even better at these flows. Many of us down there, if you have a switch or spey rod even better.

5. Likes fishermanavdo, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishermanavdo View Post
    Hey guys, fishing enthusiast here and was hoping if there is anyone out there interested In allowing me to shadow them Fly fishing. Iím located in the Sacramento area but do a lot of fishing through out the Sierras.

Fly fishing is something that totally captivates me. Unfortunately, Iíve only caught about 10 fish. Also, these fish werenít exactly a natural bow from the rivers. Typically stocked fish that would often hit a woolly bugger. My casting is okay, just please let there be no wind.

I would like to learn about the flies and bug hatches, reading water, and just about everything else.

I know there are classes out there
    I know there is a ton of info online which is good but learning one on one and on A river is of great quality.
    I sent you a pm.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

7. Likes fishermanavdo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fly Fishing Tutor

Hey guys, fishing enthusiast here and was hoping if there is anyone out there interested In allowing me to shadow them Fly fishing. Iím located in the Sacramento area but do a lot of fishing through out the Sierras.

Fly fishing is something that totally captivates me. Unfortunately, Iíve only caught about 10 fish. Also, these fish werenít exactly a natural bow from the rivers. Typically stocked fish that would often hit a woolly bugger. My casting is okay, just please let there be no wind.

I would like to learn about the flies and bug hatches, reading water, and just about everything else.

I know there are classes out there
    I know there is a ton of info online which is good but learning one on one and on A river is of great quality.

9. Likes Paintguy, fitsmart liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12