Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mokelumne river below comanchie dam

You guys are thinking too hard. It’s 1 fish limit because you can fish barbs on your hook. Everywhere else in Cali is barbless for steelhead. If you’re looking for fish to take home, fish a different section. Like middle bar or Electra rd.

2. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    It’s mostly wild rainbows and steelhead in that stretch of river. It’s a nice little fishery but it wouldn’t hold up to heavy pressure with folks taking a lot of fish home. Plenty of fish on the other side of the dam planted to meet that demand. Better yet Kokanee up in Pardee.

just my 2 cents.
    I agree with that statement I fish that river alot , Not a large river but small with a lot of wild fish as well as a lot of wild steelhead that come up in the winter
    I thinking its because that is Mainly a hatchery river for hatchery fish .and they need all they can get for egg collection . Granted in the summer Months after schools Out , I have seen families of those types that can care less about Rules and regulations . They get a fish and throw it on the grill and then go get another fish and repeat the scenario , regardless of size of the fish , if its a wild fish or not .. they play stupid and get away with it because it not much for enforcement in the summer time , than it was this past steelhead season when you saw a game warden almost every weekend./ during summer time it is sad people like that are around!!!!
    Last edited by stefanoflo; 06-24-2019 at 06:51 AM.

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

5. Likes Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s mostly wild rainbows and steelhead in that stretch of river. It’s a nice little fishery but it wouldn’t hold up to heavy pressure with folks taking a lot of fish home. Plenty of fish on the other side of the dam planted to meet that demand. Better yet Kokanee up in Pardee.

just my 2 cents.

7. Likes dilbeck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by one more cast View Post
    Doe's anyone know why there is a one trout limit below the dam?
    It looks like its because of the one steelhead limit there . Maybe its too hard to differentiate between the 2 . I think there was a span of 10 years there in the 70's & 80's that no steelhead returned . Once again this is my 2 cents I could be wrong . Tightlines BF

Post Thanks / Like

Mokelumne river below comanchie dam

Doe's anyone know why there is a one trout limit below the dam?