Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh boy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oh boy!

I use Nord. It’s stable and fast for 90% of what I do. Have to turn it off to play CoD or Anthem at anything over 30FPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    Just a word of advice on ad blockers guys, they do block ads. However, they also collect and share your data just like google, Facebook, your ISP, cable provider, bank, and every one else does.

If you truly want to secure your online profile and limit the ability of data farms to monitor your online habits, you need a VPN between you and your ISP.

There are a ton out there for cheap. They do have some drawbacks, but are the only way to truly make you “invisible” on a network. On a VPN, you still gets ads, but they are not based on your data. You can run an ad blocker on top of a VPN, but they operate locally on your desktop, so are still able to track your habits.

I was just looking at the google crawler data from this thread alone, and can see that it has been busy. I can’t see the data of course, but know that it will compare the trends of everyone who has posted here to see if an ad that was displayed to me would be viable for anyone else. It wouldn’t surprise me if we all end up seeing the OP’s ad somewhere in our browsing today.
    What VPN app are you using? I downloaded Windscribe from APKNite to use, but its connection is so slow despite the premium.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t visit “shady sites” and I get that same add. I have also always thought it was inappropriate.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    That is a Google ad. It’s based on your browsing history. We have zero control over what ad is served to each individual.

Stop visiting shady sites and you will stop getting shady ads.
    Bizarre. It’s the only shady ad I get and it’s on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

What really winds me is searching for info and a site says I have what you want. You click on it and they block you because you have an ad blocker. I would pay for an invisible ad blocker.
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a word of advice on ad blockers guys, they do block ads. However, they also collect and share your data just like google, Facebook, your ISP, cable provider, bank, and every one else does.

If you truly want to secure your online profile and limit the ability of data farms to monitor your online habits, you need a VPN between you and your ISP.

There are a ton out there for cheap. They do have some drawbacks, but are the only way to truly make you “invisible” on a network. On a VPN, you still gets ads, but they are not based on your data. You can run an ad blocker on top of a VPN, but they operate locally on your desktop, so are still able to track your habits.

I was just looking at the google crawler data from this thread alone, and can see that it has been busy. I can’t see the data of course, but know that it will compare the trends of everyone who has posted here to see if an ad that was displayed to me would be viable for anyone else. It wouldn’t surprise me if we all end up seeing the OP’s ad somewhere in our browsing today.

Post Thanks / Like

Ad block Plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of some story about pots and kettles.....

Not to worry, it could always be worse

Post Thanks / Like

That is a Google ad. It’s based on your browsing history. We have zero control over what ad is served to each individual.

Stop visiting shady sites and you will stop getting shady ads.

11. Likes DBoardfox, CDK, redneckpunk, burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yak_in_the_sac View Post
    Lol you sure it's not a retargeted ad based on a previous website stop? Just sayin...
    Actually no. I was expecting a response like yours. Guilty conscience?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast