Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Walker info

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    Any news on the river? Had it come down at all? I want to plan a trip the first weekend in August,
    I fished Sat and Sun for 15 fish .4 over 3# all on spinners .Water is coming down daily and starting to clear up. I will be back at it this weekend .

2. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any news on the river? Had it come down at all? I want to plan a trip the first weekend in August,

Post Thanks / Like

Glad someone got some action on the Walker. I hit the boulders pretty hard with everything in my tackle box thinking the fish would be holding behind them. O’well I will be back again in a few weeks when the water slows down a bit.

5. Likes Captain Compassion, PMR#9 liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Then there is this. Water data for the entire country.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps/

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Another great site for stream flow info is Dreamflows, it's mainly for kayakers and rafters but it is pretty extensive and updated quite often.

8. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seebass View Post
    There is an app called flow alert, you can check the flow of all California rivers, creeks. West walker at Coleville Ca is running at 971 cfs. Just add it your favorites to check daily . no need to go on the net, hope this helps.
    I use this from the USGS.
    https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ca/nwis/current/?type=flow

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

There is an app called flow alert, you can check the flow of all California rivers, creeks. West walker at Coleville Ca is running at 971 cfs. Just add it your favorites to check daily . no need to go on the net, hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    I'm surprised that you could get down stream. Maybe wander down there later in the week. Need some W. Walker love.

CC
    Had to go over the top .Not worth the effort .All fish caught within 3 feet from the bank

12. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PMR#9 View Post
    Ovid is correct .Fished Thu Fri and SAt .Larger fish are in the system .Thu was very fishable .But the heat was on Friday and Saturday .I caught 6 up to 2#.6 feet of water flowing behind the big boulder .I will be back at it Saturday morning .
    I'm surprised that you could get down stream. Maybe wander down there later in the week. Need some W. Walker love.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Some locals told me that some larger fish were put in the W. Walker by the Chamber for the Derby. Not sure how to fish for them. California hasn't stocked yet. It's got to come way down. Got to wait a bit.

CC
    Ovid is correct .Fished Thu Fri and SAt .Larger fish are in the system .Thu was very fishable .But the heat was on Friday and Saturday .I caught 6 up to 2#.6 feet of water flowing behind the big boulder .I will be back at it Saturday morning .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast