Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shasta overnight parking

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    I tried Bridge Bay a couple years ago and got told they don't do that by the gal on the phone. Probably just busy folks having a bad hair day.

Thanks for the input.
    I can tell you for a fact if you launch there you can park there as long as you want as long as you pay the daily fee in advance. Even without a boat you can park there for a fee. My friend without a boat has parked his truck there numerous times while boat in camping with me. There is no safer place on the lake to leave your truck and trailer. They give you a card to display on your dash or hang from your mirror with a date indicating the date paid too. I have been to every single resort on Shasta and Bridge Bay is the safest (of course you can be ripped off anywhere)
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

2. Likes Jetspray, TBSP, MtnFisher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey I just went over 14,000 posts......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

4. Likes Captain Compassion, Waterdog, TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trollflyfishplunk View Post
    Antlers was OK for me last month .. $14 a day unless you have a senile
    citizen pass for 1/2 price ..
    Hey I resemble that remark, over here if you are 55 an above living in Douglas county you can get a Topaz yearly pass for fishing & boating for $25 it is $52 for others. It costs me $110 just to launch one day at Lake Tahoe without adding gas to drive up two times to get the inspection so I can launch when Cave Rock opens....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    May get a Lake Shasta trip in soon. Planning on staying at a boat-in camp site. Last time I did it I uses the Cenermundi ramp and hard some vandalism.

Anyone have a suggestion on a safe launch to leave a rig overnight. Im happy to pay a private ramp for parking, just looking for some peace of mind.

Thanks
    You might want to PM Chartreuse Moose (aka Stan), he may have the low down on good places. Safety is a locked rig with nothing visible, I use a bunch of sun covers inside too......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Bridge Bay a couple years ago and got told they don't do that by the gal on the phone. Probably just busy folks having a bad hair day.

Thanks for the input.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bridge bay is pretty secure. If you're looking for peace of mind, it's probably your best bet.

Brad

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Shasta overnight parking

Antlers was OK for me last month .. $14 a day unless you have a senile
    citizen pass for 1/2 price ..

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shasta overnight parking

May get a Lake Shasta trip in soon. Planning on staying at a boat-in camp site. Last time I did it I uses the Cenermundi ramp and hard some vandalism.

Anyone have a suggestion on a safe launch to leave a rig overnight. Im happy to pay a private ramp for parking, just looking for some peace of mind.

Thanks

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post