Thread: Sold MyBoat

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sold MyBoat

I know how you feel Waterdog. I bought my first boat in 1978 and sold my last one in 2016. Been doing a lot of bank fishing lately. I donít catch as many fish, but man, it sure is relaxing.

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sold MyBoat

Hobie just came out with the 360 drive on their newest pro angler. Retails for around $5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Sold MyBoat

When I get over all of the medical stuff you are welcome on my boat for a trip........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes bigfin, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bittersweet for sure! But them kayaks and toons still catch fish!

8. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, I can imagine it being very bittersweet.

10. Likes MKE, Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sold MyBoat

I sold my boat . They say the happiest day for a boat owner is the day they buy it and the day they sell it. Not for me, itís a sad day. My parents got a boat when I was 8 and we fished, skied and camped with that boat until I was in my 20ís. I bought my first boat within a year after graduating from college. Iíve had numerous boats since. Never been without one for the last 45 years.
    I got to the point where I wasnít using it very often and as I get older itís gets harder and harder to deal with getting it ready to go out, cleaning it after a trip and doing all the thousand other things to it you have to do. Itís weird looking out and not seeing my boat.
    I sold it to a friend who lives in Placerville and he said he will take me out fishing periodically. Thatíll seem strange too.
    Im not giving up fishing though. I plan to get back into wading streams fly fishing. Use to be an avid fly fisherman but havenít done it for about 10 years. I also plan to start banking it which Iíve always enjoyed but just havenít done much since I had a boat. Iím also planning on getting either a kayak, an inflatable toon or some other type of inflatable for fishing mountain lakes. Iíll be asking questions about these on this fishsniffer site since I know little about them. I know I can get some expert advice from you all. Iíll be going out with guides occasionally also. Probably be posting on the hitchhiking forum too.
    Hopefully Iíll see some of you out there.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

12. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, MKE, GW208, Jetspray, zipperman, TBSP liked this post