Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer Island

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deer Island

Went out today and didn't realize their is a sign there, Deer-Island-Coastal-Preserve-2d128b765056a36_2d128c9c-5056-a36a-060f1b06d7f8a391.jpg

2. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieTee View Post
    Where is Deer Island at Lake Pardee?

Hey Eddie, It's called FISHING.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinpolesready View Post
    I'll try to give the best directions possible without a map. When you start to head east up river from the main lake you will make a right turn as you go up river. As you make that right turn deer island is on your left about 200 ft. away. Or as you turn right and enter the large bay area there is an orange buoy on the south side. If you go north from that buoy there is a small Island in front of a small cove. That is deer island. It is not real obvious on any of the maps I've seen so I hope this will help. When the lake level is lower it is easer to find and more obvious.

FPR
    Thank You fishingpolesready "Dale" for all your info. :)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fishing up there tomorrow. I will take a photo of Deer Island. Hopefully there might even be some deer on it. Lol Write down my GPS numbers too... As all this is going on, The Fish have probably moved now. No Fish at Deer Island. Lol

6. Likes TrackerDV17, Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t fished Pardee in years but this thread got me curious. Checked it out on google earth. There are 2 small islands and one fairly good sized one up the river arm. The larger one is probably the only one big enough to be named.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to give the best directions possible without a map. When you start to head east up river from the main lake you will make a right turn as you go up river. As you make that right turn deer island is on your left about 200 ft. away. Or as you turn right and enter the large bay area there is an orange buoy on the south side. If you go north from that buoy there is a small Island in front of a small cove. That is deer island. It is not real obvious on any of the maps I've seen so I hope this will help. When the lake level is lower it is easer to find and more obvious.

FPR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Just out of curiosity why do you want to know where this island is? I’m kind of thinking it’s a mythical island since no on can say for sure where it is.
    However I was out there with a guide (Dale Daneman) several years ago and I saw a very small island on the left side going up river not too far from the mouth and I think he referred to it as Deer Island. My memory is not at all clear on it so I may be wrong about it.
    Again why do you want to know?
    Actually I don’t remember how far up river it was but as I recall there’s only one or two very small islands up there.
    Because Iv'e read of of people catching fish there, don't no why it would be called Dear Island though, never have seen an Island in all the years I've went down that channel :)

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity why do you want to know where this island is? I’m kind of thinking it’s a mythical island since no on can say for sure where it is.
    However I was out there with a guide (Dale Daneman) several years ago and I saw a very small island on the left side going up river not too far from the mouth and I think he referred to it as Deer Island. My memory is not at all clear on it so I may be wrong about it.
    Again why do you want to know?
    Actually I don’t remember how far up river it was but as I recall there’s only one or two very small islands up there.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 07-15-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Over the river and thru the woods to Deer Island we go !!!!!

12. Likes Waterdog, Koke Machine83 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't it renamed to Cheer Island. As in, "there used to be an island right cheer!"

<Oh boy - that was bad>

14. Likes TrackerDV17, Waterdog liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast