Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sad day at Pardee

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Here’s what I use . It’s light weight, not cumbersome, cool on hot, days and has pockets for fishing stuff. Bass Pro has them for about $39

I have the same one. Used it twice and didn't even know it was on.

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was up there today... They have 4 to 5 Sheriff boats dragging and using Sonar. Marina to Mouth of River. Along the East Bank. So Sad. Hope they find him for his family closer...

4. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog, Blue_Crush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My boat, my rules. You WILL wear a PFD or, you will NOT ride in my boat. If you don't have one, I will provide one.

I don't want to be the one to call your family and tell them you are not coming back.
    20' Hewescraft "River Runner" Redline 302, Berkeley Jet.
    36' Bounder Motorhome.

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have more info. on this terrible Pardee accident. Can't find anything on the web.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending Prayer's for the Loved ones and friends, just bought 2 PFD on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by EddieTee; 07-17-2019 at 05:10 AM.

9. Likes Waterdog, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Purchasing a good inflatable pfd is a solid plan. Yeah it cost $90 and up. That's nothing for the amount we spend in gas, tackle, rod & reels etc. During extreme hot weather, you're less tempted to remove it as there's not much to them. Wear mine every outing when by myself. Whatever you choose... PLEASE do yourself & loved ones a solid and WEAR ONE! During the summer months you have drunk fun boaters everywhere! In the Winter the cold water can literally paralyze you. I've had close calls that could've went wrong in a split second. Can't fish anymore when you're dead!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Best advice I've heard about life vests is get the one you'll wear. If they're uncomfortable, folks just don't wear them. Get one that fits well, doesn't get in your way, and you forget you have on. Some are better than others, but I can't think of a drowning where someone was wearing a life jacket fishing a California lake or river.

Rafting, out in the ocean maybe different, but bottom line, any commercially available, Coast Guard Approved life vest will do the job, so long as it's on. The best in the world won't help if its sitting on the bottom of the boat.

Very sorry to hear the news. A tragedy for a lot of people. Wishing the families peace and strength.

12. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s what I use . It’s light weight, not cumbersome, cool on hot, days and has pockets for fishing stuff. Bass Pro has them for about $39
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Waterdog; 07-16-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

14. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Here is the one I use when kayaking. $89.99
    Cabela's Deluxe Thin-Back PFD by Stohlquist

• Thin back is ideal for sitting in seats with high backs
      • Ventilated interior and shoulder pads increase airflow
      • Cross-chest cinch secures the PFD in place
      • Nylon-ripstop shell and 200-denier nylon lining ensure durability

Designed for comfortable all-day wear, the USCG-approved Cabelas Gray Deluxe Thin-Back PFD by Stohlquist eliminates the excess back thickness you find on most PFDs, and is ideal for sitting in seats with high backs. Ventilated interior and shoulder pads increase air flow. Cross-chest cinch secures the PFD in place, eliminating ride-up. Ripstop-nylon shell and 200-denier nylon lining ensure lasting durability. Storage options include multiple zippered pockets, neoprene stash pockets, zippered front pockets with internal organization, handwarmer pockets, and multiple tool attachment points.
    Thank You that looks perfect !!!! Tightlines BF
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught...........

16. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfin View Post
    Speaking of PFD's are there some that are better than others ? I have been thinking about getting a Kayak and was wondering . Most are coast guard approved but I don't know much about them and if I am going to get one it would have to be comfortable and hold some small gear boxes at least .
    Here is the one I use when kayaking. $89.99
    Cabela's Deluxe Thin-Back PFD by Stohlquist

• Thin back is ideal for sitting in seats with high backs
      • Ventilated interior and shoulder pads increase airflow
      • Cross-chest cinch secures the PFD in place
      • Nylon-ripstop shell and 200-denier nylon lining ensure durability

Designed for comfortable all-day wear, the USCG-approved Cabelas Gray Deluxe Thin-Back PFD by Stohlquist eliminates the excess back thickness you find on most PFDs, and is ideal for sitting in seats with high backs. Ventilated interior and shoulder pads increase air flow. Cross-chest cinch secures the PFD in place, eliminating ride-up. Ripstop-nylon shell and 200-denier nylon lining ensure lasting durability. Storage options include multiple zippered pockets, neoprene stash pockets, zippered front pockets with internal organization, handwarmer pockets, and multiple tool attachment points.
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast