Post Thanks / Like

Re: 07/12/19 Lake Tahoe Kokane Limits

You have a big family and you look great together. Get out so often on nature to have more good emotions!
    Thanks for the good quality photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better than a day fishing with your kids. Start them young and they’ll fish with you for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had an awesome day 👍

Post Thanks / Like

07/12/19 Lake Tahoe Kokane Limits

Well it’s been a busy week of fishing for Greyson and his buddies Lilly and Lucas. After a great 2 hour day at Sawmill Pond two days ago it was time to try our luck at fishing Lake Tahoe.

We made a reservation with Lake Tahoe Fishing Charters. Checkin was at 5:30 and we promptly left at 6am. Captain Sammy and his deckhand Liz were our guides today. It took about 30 minutes to get to the fishing grounds.

We set up and started trolling and it was non stop action for the first 1.5 hours. We had single after single, several doubles, and even a few triples. The first fish was a nice lake trout that Lilly got to reel in. I spent the entire time helping the kids, takings videos and pictures. It was awesome! Did not reel in a single fish and it did not matter. We took turns between the kids and the two other passengers Steve and his son Tyler.

The bite slowed down a bit but we kept plugging along. We ended up with limits of fish: 29 Kokane and 1 lake trout.

The kids had an absolute blast! This was my first Kokane fishing trip and I didn’t realize how much finesse is needed to land these fish. We probably lost another 20 or more fish today.

Final count: 29 Kokane 10-16 inches, one lake trout 3lbs.
    Weather: flat calm, sunny all day, no complaints.

If you ever decide to fish Lake Tahoe I would definitely recommend Lake Tahoe Fishing Charters. Ask for Captain Sammy on the Hopper II. He and Liz did an excellent job today working with the kids and keeping them engaged.