Thread: lake shasta

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lake shasta

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    Lots of You Tube videos on Shasta for bass fishing. I spent 3 days there in April and we did well on a variety of soft plastics. Our best color was Chartreus on the drop shot but green as well as pink did OK. I had some days when a green pumpkin Hula Grub was really hot for an hour or two when cast near trees. One afternoon a 3 inch Keitech on a 1/4 ounce dart head was hot. Basically most soft plastics worked at that time of year and I suspect will work almost any time of year on Shasta. I think the larger issue is finding the correct depth. Fish might be in the top 10 feet or on rocky points at 30 feet. You might try to find some videos on summer time Shasta bass fishing. Others have told me to Call Phil's Props in Redding for the latest fishing reports.

You can read the thread on the bass board here.

Shasta in April?
    Thank You!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lake shasta

Lots of You Tube videos on Shasta for bass fishing. I spent 3 days there in April and we did well on a variety of soft plastics. Our best color was Chartreus on the drop shot but green as well as pink did OK. I had some days when a green pumpkin Hula Grub was really hot for an hour or two when cast near trees. One afternoon a 3 inch Keitech on a 1/4 ounce dart head was hot. Basically most soft plastics worked at that time of year and I suspect will work almost any time of year on Shasta. I think the larger issue is finding the correct depth. Fish might be in the top 10 feet or on rocky points at 30 feet. You might try to find some videos on summer time Shasta bass fishing. Others have told me to Call Phil's Props in Redding for the latest fishing reports.

You can read the thread on the bass board here.

Shasta in April?

Post Thanks / Like

lake shasta

Any info for bass in lake shasta would be great. Short day trip , what is best for them bass.