Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Plug-n-Jug View Post
    Back in the 60's, I was Boy Scout, we would meet in the elementary school main cafeteria at night. On many occasions we would bring our 22's and shoot them in the cafeteria to get our badge. Those where the days!
    Could you imagine the look on the principals face if you asked to do it now?
    I too had great memories of gun use over the years. Funny how so many never got the chance to have things like a BB gun for Christmas, or just to go hunting with friends or family. I know that there is a great satisfaction in getting a tight group, funny how so many use that phrase and never know where it came from, like "kit & kaboodle"...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I just went to my local hardware store back in the day, and could pruchase a block of 22's without showing anything and I was a teenager at the time. I was a member of a gun club in High School and carried my rifle in the trunk of my car. Today I would probably be in jail.......Jetspray

Back in the 60's, I was Boy Scout, we would meet in the elementary school main cafeteria at night. On many occasions we would bring our 22's and shoot them in the cafeteria to get our badge. Those where the days!
    Could you imagine the look on the principals face if you asked to do it now?
    I FISH, THEREFORE I CUSS AND LIE!

4. Likes Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    I had no idea of what the bill number was. I knew it by "red flag" law.

When I searched sb 219 it wasn't the right bill so I googled Nv red flag law and found it.

No biggie.....
    I use the NRA=ILA site to find my stuff, as I am a member of it and the NRA. I do not "google" anything, they are anti-conservative and pro-Satan...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected Don, you are right maybe next time I should proof read a little better.......Jetspray
    I had no idea of what the bill number was. I knew it by "red flag" law.

When I searched sb 219 it wasn't the right bill so I googled Nv red flag law and found it.

No biggie.....
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    ​Nevada AB 291........
    I stand corrected Don, you are right maybe next time I should proof read a little better.......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know that SB 219 for Nevada was passed so that your nutzoid neighbor can dislike you and have your gun rights thrown away and confiscated, or maybe anyone walking past or driving past your house and sees your flags flowing out front and have them bust into your home and take away what they deem as dangerous to them......Great......Jetspray

​Nevada AB 291........
    Catch ya later ... hooks

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Yes I know that AB 291 for Nevada was passed so that your nutzoid neighbor can dislike you and have your gun rights thrown away and confiscated, or maybe anyone walking past or driving past your house and sees your flags flowing out front and have them bust into your home and take away what they deem as dangerous to them......Great......Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 08-10-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Well here is the problem... These FFL's are providing the wrong information mainly because they're confused or in cases like with sportsmans warehouse, just pure lazy. You can buy any ammo you want and as long as you own any registered firearm, you only pay that 1 dollar one time fee. I dont own a 308 but was able to purchase ammo for it last week after arguing with a lazy a$$ associated at sportsmans. That 19 dollar fee is if you dont own a firearm and that also comes with a 10 day wait.
    I fill out background check paper work when I buy a rifle or pistol, I guess you could argue that is "registration" but I have not "registered" any of my firearms. Gun registration is just wrong to me as it leads to confiscation. I do not think there is a provision in the 2nd amendment to have that done to me. It is a right but political types think that saves lives, no it just makes law abiding folks hand over their weapons and be at the mercy of others. No frog in the pan scenario's for me......Jetspray

13. Likes zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    This is what an FFL at a gun store explained to me a week ago. If you are buying ammo for a caliber gun that there is a record of you buying or owning, the background check costs $1.00. If there is no record of you buying or owning the caliber gun that you want to buy ammo for then the background check costs $19. If the background check is clean then you can buy as much ammo as you want. If you are rejected from the purchase there is a procedure that you can find out from the DOJ the reason.
    Every time you buy ammo a background check is required. So if you bought it today and again tomorrow another background check would be required tomorrow.
    So unless there is something that showed up in the background check CDK you can buy your 22 ammo. I think probably the store you tried to buy from doesn’t know what they are doing. Try another store that sells guns and has a FFL present.
    I of course am not advising anyone to do this but if you drive to Reno Nv. You can buy all the ammo you want, no problem, no hassle. It is of course illegal to bring it back into California. I took a nice Saturday drive to Cabelas last Saturday and all I can say is they had a lot of ammo on sale at great prices. Not that I bought any of course.
    Well here is the problem... These FFL's are providing the wrong information mainly because they're confused or in cases like with sportsmans warehouse, just pure lazy. You can buy any ammo you want and as long as you own any registered firearm, you only pay that 1 dollar one time fee. I dont own a 308 but was able to purchase ammo for it last week after arguing with a lazy a$$ associated at sportsmans. That 19 dollar fee is if you dont own a firearm and that also comes with a 10 day wait.

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Today the ca. DOJ fuked me. Denied a ammo purchase background check.
    I am guessing it is because I haven't bought guns or ammo recently ?
    You got any input?
    Were you denied by DOJ or the store? Many stores are providing incorrect information and are stating "you're denied" without actually running you. Sportsmans warehouse in Rancho Cordova is notorious for this.

I will tell you if you havent bought a gun at the address you're currently using, if will probably lead to a decline unless you update everything in DROS.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast