Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

If you are a California resident you can do a couple of things to be eligible to purchase anmmo in the future. You can buy a new gun so you will be in the system. You can register a gun you already own. Or you can do a $20 dollar background check that might take a short period of time. I am sure there is more than one source of info out there that explains it all. The gun shop should have been able to explain it to you. Either way you will have to spend some money to get it done.
    If you are not a California resident you cannot buy ammo in California.

Oh and you cannot import ammo from another state if you are a resident.

2. Likes CDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Re: July 2019 are you ready?

I am not really seeking advice on what the new laws are. I was just pointing out the confusion that exists and that there are a lot of different opinions. I am prepared for the new rules but I doubt that everyone is. I suspect that there are members on this forum that may decide they want to go to the store and buy some 22 ammo for a gun that they have owned for years. I think they will be surprised to find out they need a background check to buy any ammo. It seems to me that only the most active shooters pay much attention to new laws regarding guns. Sort of like the people who only fish every couple of years may not know the current regulations.

My sister is a good example. She has a 22 that she shoots occasionally. She had no idea she would have to have a background check to buy some 22 ammo.

This is from a discussion I started on this board a few weeks ago in the hunting section

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried to buy a box of 22 ammo

Today the ca. DOJ fuked me. Denied a ammo purchase background check.
    I am guessing it is because I haven't bought guns or ammo recently ?
    You got any input?
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567