Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raider Boat advice

Sounds like a great deal. I would for sure go and take a closer look at it. I think Raider is one of the best boats on the market. The best thing about them is the floatation that they use. Most boats have spray in foam for floatation that over time traps water, absorbs water, and adds extra weight and can cause corrosion. Raider uses block foam which never breaks down and absorbs water. They also use a cool hull super structure that allows any water that does enter the hull to drain straight to the drain plug and bilge pump. I think Raider goes through extra steps on there builds that'll give you a better built boat that will last forever. If you go look at this boat I think you'll be glad you did.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

2. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably 172 Pro Sport, good bow entry deadrise, then 10 degree at the transom. I think the inside freeboard is only 25 inches, 66 inch bottom width. Nice boat for lakes and lower river. If the Honda is electric start and power trim that is a good deal....... They are good boats,,,,, i have looked closely at them.

They stopped making the 17 ft a couple years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Kingfisher which is similar but don't know Raider specifically. You will love the ease and functionality of this size and type of sled! Easy to launch and retrieve single handed, frugal on fuel. Very tough construction. They are a compromise for bass fishing because the front porch is so short. Bays, lakes, rivers, delta. Very flexible platform.

Post Thanks / Like

They look like great boats. 150 hours on the engine is really low. Got an idea this one won’t be on the market long. Get some pics and more info. And make em an offer.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Met the guy that owns the company at the Sportsman Show this year. Comparable to a Hewescraft in form and function but for less money. Both the HC and the Raider are built in Coleville WA and if I am not mistaken the factories are about a mile apart.

I have been dreaming of the day I can afford a Raider with a hardtop. Personally, if you are in the market to buy, you can't go wrong with the hull. The main engine I know nothing about as I have Honda's.

Not a bass boat ("no casting deck") but makes a great river sled as well as a trolling machine.

7. Likes RideNfish, fish_junky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who has a 19' Raider and agree with Seon "the craftsmanship is very good".

Mike
    Last edited by TrackerDV17; 07-30-2019 at 11:30 AM.

9. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RideNfish View Post
    I have an opportunity to buy a Raider 17' boat. I don't know much about the brand and wanted to know if anyone else does. Walk through windshield (North River, Alumaweld style), small bow space and no rear casting deck as far as I know. I will see more pics soon. Has a 90 hp Suzuki and a Honda kicker. Original owner, always garaged 10 year old boat with it appears to be 150 hours on the main. Looks super clean like new. Said something about a zolatone clear and sharkhide coating. All these style and age of boats seem to be low $20 or mid $20k and this is 17.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,
    Hit up Kevin Wilson on fb: great guy and knows a lot about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes RideNfish, fish_junky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My friend that I crab and fish with regularly has a 24' Raider Pilothouse that's solid. I know it's a different model but the craftsmanship is very good.

414091842.jpg
    Last edited by Seon; 07-30-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

14. Likes RideNfish, fish_junky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry don't know much about them either. Good luck.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

16. Likes RideNfish liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast