Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new vehicle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My new vehicle

Sometimes it's better to use someone else's money and keep your cash for emergencies. I paid cash for my Jeep because I want to give it to someone in my will. I financed my truck because the loan will outlive me. My will makes sure certain things get taken care of but the truck can go back to the dealer. I sure wont need it.

2. Likes Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: My new vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BDuck View Post
    I keep up all of my vehicles, preventative maintenance also. Sometimes a domino effect period sneaks in causing an extra boost in repair funds but its all to the good. Only certain things I will do myself if it simple enough or easy access however changing oil on my diesel I will take it to the dealer. Its easier for them to drain 15qts and less messy for me. I spent my life as an aircraft mechanic and don't want to get my hands dirty anymore.
    Same here in a different field, I worked at a plant that made adhesives, metal coatings, fiber adhesives, high speed aircraft coatings and yes paint and these were all bases to add things to and manufacture their own brands. I do not paint anything anymore. I understand the need for funds on the quick, that's why we keep reserves available for any emergency repairs or the sneaky type too, even for ourselves. I do not crawl around under anything for any reason, can't do it anymore. Since last October I have had one lazer surgery in office ($7,000) and five other surgeries in hospitals ($35,000 each average) this ended putting us around $1,300 per month for medical on me for a detached retina. It can put a dent in your income if you are not prepared for it, we were so far.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Me too the truck only has 96,000 but it is our rec/vehicle. I keep all of the vehicles up to snuff on repairs and maint. it is essential that we keep ourselves safe especially during the winter. Air conditioners are looked at before every summer starts. Any car/truck for me must have cruise control, air conditioners, and a stereo or I won't buy it. I like the shop I take them to and have done so for 13 years and they are reasonable. Anyone I talk to about it I say the same things, how much will it cost you to replace at the new price, parts are cheap, just buy Quality one's...….Jetspray
    I keep up all of my vehicles, preventative maintenance also. Sometimes a domino effect period sneaks in causing an extra boost in repair funds but its all to the good. Only certain things I will do myself if it simple enough or easy access however changing oil on my diesel I will take it to the dealer. Its easier for them to drain 15qts and less messy for me. I spent my life as an aircraft mechanic and don't want to get my hands dirty anymore.
    2000 F250 Diesel
    2007 Columbia Fisherman 2018XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 Kicker Raymarine Element HV9 4 Electric Walker Downriggers

5. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: My new vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Same for me, Im retired and owe nothing, zero, zilch, nada. I use credit cards but pay them off at the end of the month. Paid cash for my current home which is only 6 years old. I use to buy a new truck every 5 years but the one I have now is 10 years old, 96000 miles and runs like new. I really like the truck , its 4wd and will take me almost anywhere I want to go. It has everything I want. If it starts giving me problems Ill get a new one and pay cash. Its a great feeling living well and having no debt.
    Me too the truck only has 96,000 but it is our rec/vehicle. I keep all of the vehicles up to snuff on repairs and maint. it is essential that we keep ourselves safe especially during the winter. Air conditioners are looked at before every summer starts. Any car/truck for me must have cruise control, air conditioners, and a stereo or I won't buy it. I like the shop I take them to and have done so for 13 years and they are reasonable. Anyone I talk to about it I say the same things, how much will it cost you to replace at the new price, parts are cheap, just buy Quality one's....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Catch ya later ... hooks

9. Likes Jetspray, okie, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Same for me, Im retired and owe nothing, zero, zilch, nada. I use credit cards but pay them off at the end of the month. Paid cash for my current home which is only 6 years old. I use to buy a new truck every 5 years but the one I have now is 10 years old, 96000 miles and runs like new. I really like the truck , its 4wd and will take me almost anywhere I want to go. It has everything I want. If it starts giving me problems Ill get a new one and pay cash. Its a great feeling living well and having no debt.

you are 100% right, its great not having any debt. the only debt I have now is 50% of my
    military retired pay goes to my ex-wife. but now my savings is doing real good i'm afraid my wife
    now might start thinking my life insurance is policy is looking great, she's feeding me things
    that a person in my condition shouldn't eat. but she still says she loves me.
    be safe

11. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray, GW208, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that the dealers only carry high end vehicles these days, if you want a "stripped" model, you have to order it, crazy

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

15. Likes GW208, okie, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by untalan1 View Post
    Yes i second that , its crazy what new diesels are going for.That 7.3 is bullet proof and its paid for.I had a 03 6.o powerstroke nothing but problems but went with a duramax after a drunk driver totaled it.
    I remember when that happened to you Efren. Seems the upper type trucks are reaching the $90,000 mark and soon to be over 100K. I bought my first home in 1973 for $25,000 (3 bedroom condo in Union City (it goes for $610,000 now))..Jetspray

17. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i second that , its crazy what new diesels are going for.That 7.3 is bullet proof and its paid for.I had a 03 6.o powerstroke nothing but problems but went with a duramax after a drunk driver totaled it.

19. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast