Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2019 salmon thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrsides View Post
    You definitely killed it this year!..I had my best season this year as well with 22 fish(29 on my boat)..fishing 1-2 days/week(wife hates it as well)..been watching on FB you had me jigging at times when I'm a trolling guy!!..my question is with jigging your not covering a ton of water, so are you moving around until you mark fish before you drop on em?..seems like you could jig til your arm falls off (unsuccessfully)if you don't cover some water to find em first.
    I stayed in the same depth for a few drifts. I'd I didn't mark any moved around... mossy od the time it was 9-14ft

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pondmn View Post
    I have a concern that as a responsible sportsman that anyone would keep 75 salmon.
    Kept a hand full about ten for myself gave a few away released alot of them...

Post Thanks / Like

any time of day you notice better than others? I always had better luck afternoons this season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pondmn View Post
    I have a concern that as a responsible sportsman that anyone would keep 75 salmon.
    Don't think he said he kept em all..sure he was like me..fill the freezer, give a few away, let a few go

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiii3oi View Post
    When I mark a few on the graph I try to stay above that depth of were they travel about a ft or ft and a half only...
    You definitely killed it this year!..I had my best season this year as well with 22 fish(29 on my boat)..fishing 1-2 days/week(wife hates it as well)..been watching on FB you had me jigging at times when I'm a trolling guy!!..my question is with jigging your not covering a ton of water, so are you moving around until you mark fish before you drop on em?..seems like you could jig til your arm falls off (unsuccessfully)if you don't cover some water to find em first.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say more than 60% were bucks about 20% Jack's and 20% hens was catching small fish for a few weeks nothing over 10lbs then oct started getting the 20plus bucks

8. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kawaiii3oi View Post
    Pretty much had the best year I've had in over 12years..... maybe I figured out what i was doing wrong but I got it down this year!!
    Total for the year was 75!!! So many pictures

Since you caught so many, did you notice a bigger ratio of bucks to females this season? Seemed like every fish was a buck or jack for a long period of time. I’ve seen more hens caught recently. Even up at the hatchery, on the days before the closure, I’d see 20+ landed and most were males. You absolutely crushed them though. Local sac style too, feeding them straight lead, no need for no stinkin cutplugs! Love it. Thats a dialed system you have, whatever it is.

10. Likes RideNfish, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Might have baby duties next yr. U wont be out there near as much as I was this yr..

Post Thanks / Like

Expect a bigger crowd at your favorite jigging spot next year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast