Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: People familiar with Indian creek area

Quote Originally Posted by gbslade View Post
    It’s my understanding that due to the toxic algae bloom ICR is now closed.
    Not sure how they would close it? Barricade both ends of Airport Road? Put signs around the lake? I avoid fishing ICR July - September because of the weeds. It always gets a little dicey this time of year. It is my understanding that this is the first year that the lake has been tested. Water levels are up and the temps down some compared to last year. Things will clear up in October and the lake probably frozen by Christmas.
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

It’s my understanding that due to the toxic algae bloom ICR is now closed.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: People familiar with Indian creek area

Quote Originally Posted by borntoscout View Post
    Sweet pee's fish frequently had very swollen, bloody anuses resulting from passage of shells of large snails upon which they fed. The shells had sharp edges resulting from action of the fishes digestive tracts.
    Some worms, leeches, insects are there too, but most we find is snails on shore. Maybe they should chew their food better......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet pee's fish frequently had very swollen, bloody anuses resulting from passage of shells of large snails upon which they fed. The shells had sharp edges resulting from action of the fishes digestive tracts.

8. Likes Jetspray, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: People familiar with Indian creek area

Quote Originally Posted by borntoscout View Post
    Yes, known locally then as sweet pee lake, it received tertiary treated south tahoe sewage pumped over Luther Pass. For a time DFG tried to maintain a population of trout, but the lake suffered recurent fish kills. That function now provided by an impoundment downstream of ICR.
    It's like I said earlier "bubble, bubble, boil away the trouble" with a aeriation system installed and frequent water sampling by a couple of ladies in a small aluminum boat. The floats are white where they sample with a zone sample puller...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahpee View Post
    ....I heard many years ago ICR was a holding pond for sewage treatment water from Lake Tahoe?Thx
    Yes, known locally then as sweet pee lake, it received tertiary treated south tahoe sewage pumped over Luther Pass. For a time DFG tried to maintain a population of trout, but the lake suffered recurent fish kills. That function now provided by an impoundment downstream of ICR.

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahpee View Post
    Can you give me any details on the fishing, even though it was 20 yrs ago.....maybe it will help inspire me to do it. And once on the river is it easy to navigate the river bank? Thx
    Back then it wasn't c&r. We always caught rainbows averaging 18", and if you stayed till sundown and knew what you were doing, it was BIG brown country! I used to live on that river for weeks at a time, all the way to gville! Back in the day! (1972-1985). Go there now it breaks my heart!

13. Likes Captain Compassion, burninfuel liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Note: The stretch of the East Carson below the Airport is Barbless C&R fishing.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just park at the airport and fly that ultralight pontoon fishing thingy you have down there. Or just drive down the airport road down to the bottom and walk 5 minutes to the river.

17. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast