Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking for a new place to fish

There is no campground. maybe woods lake ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hope I'm not getting off the subject, but does anyone know why the Caples lake cg didn't open this year? It's the one right across the road from the resort

Post Thanks / Like

Stampeed or better yet Jackson Meadows

4. Likes muledeer12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Will you be fishing from shore or a boat? Do you absolutely want to fish off 88 area or is another area ok? Where about in the Bay Area are you coming from? Are you planning to go over Labor Day weekend or before or after. If Labor Day weekend then every place will be a packed zoo.
    Also the fishing at Silver is lousy and Caples is hit or miss.
    Everyone thanks for the replies.

I have a small inflatable so I can get out on the water and do some top lining. Fishing off 88 is not a must, but it is something I have done on labor day for the last several years, I am open to something new. I would like to keep the drive time down to 5-6 hours from the south bay. As for going out on labor day I know it will be packed, but I have something called a job that keeps me here.

I did a trip over to twin lakes near Bridgeport on the 4th. So I would like to try something different on this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Mono Village at Upper Twin Lakes.

7. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Silver and Caples are for a stocking next week. There was a stock at Lower Blue this week. There should be big stocks on the Carson river the week before Labor day weekend. The weather is beautiful. The rivers and lakes are in great shape.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

Will you be fishing from shore or a boat? Do you absolutely want to fish off 88 area or is another area ok? Where about in the Bay Area are you coming from? Are you planning to go over Labor Day weekend or before or after. If Labor Day weekend then every place will be a packed zoo.
    Also the fishing at Silver is lousy and Caples is hit or miss.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

looking for a new place to fish

I have a few days off around labor day, the last few years we would go up to silver lake off 88 for the weekend. But the last 2 years fishing has been poor at both silver and caples lakes. I haven't seen any reports on these lakes lately, so I assume its also been slow.
    Anyone got a good place for fishing, and camping near by, that they would like to share? I would like to keep drive time from the bay area below 5-6 hours.
    Thanks,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12