Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to Yuba/Sutter

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorJet31 View Post
    Has anyone made it up to the rock dam above riverfront? About 12-15 years ago I lived up there and fished above riverfront to that rock dam and always did good but its been a long time and a flood or two , can you drive over the rock dam right now with a jet
    I went all the way up to the rock damn yesterday (Monday) and fished 3 different spots up there. Only saw 2 jumpers and a few on the graph. Flows went up, stained the water and lots of debris made things difficult. The few boats up there seemed just as unlucky. I fished live oak (above the rock damn) Saturday and Sunday prior to Monday and saw plenty of action on the water and even lost one at the boat Saturday but never brought anything home. Not sure what's goin on but nothing seems to wanna bite. BTW the rock damn is DEFINITELY NOT passable with a boat.
    My biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorJet31 View Post
    Has anyone made it up to the rock dam above riverfront? About 12-15 years ago I lived up there and fished above riverfront to that rock dam and always did good but its been a long time and a flood or two , can you drive over the rock dam right now with a jet

I made it up to Shanghai Bend and not knowing that part of the river I didnt continue up stream so Im not familiar with the rock dam

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well I finally got the boat out today. Just to go cruise around and see how the water was. I was really surprised at how shallow the center of the feather river is above star bend to Boyds pump. Marked a bunch of fish in some deeper holes sitting about 2 feet off the bottom. But other than that it was an exploring day today. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I would echo Chasing Tail's recommendation on the Lower Feather from Star Bend to the Bear River. This stretch is easy to read and the channels fish well with either Kwikfish or spinners. For me, it was always a four week run here from September 1 - 30. Have had many 6-10 fish days here even though the stretch is not too long. Best tip I can give is to keep making downstream trolling runs throughout the day choosing the 4-5 deepest channels. Many times you can fish four holes from dawn to noon with nada and then limit in the next hour because the fish tend to move quickly through this stretch in their rush to find cooler water. Best lures for me were always straight chrome M2 Flatfish or gold spinners

Post Thanks / Like

I havent had much luck trolling w kwikfish, but I dont use them much. Johnsons bait shop in yuba city has everything you need. I see plenty of folks anchored up back bouncing kwikfish in high current areas. I've been getting them trolling spinners, so I stick with what I know. See you out there! Ill be trollin in a Triumph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfSalmon View Post
    Welcome to PL. I live in Plumas Lake and fish out of Star Bend boat launch. Went this morning and got three nice "Chromes", trolling silvertron spinners and blue fox spinners w spreader and 1oz weight.12lb, 18lb, 6lb. Lost a fourth fish at 1pm. I run an outboard w prop. and do fine on the feather. Most obsticles are visible with water surface changes. I typically troll from just above star bend down to the mouth of the bear river. good troll, few snags! Fish are here! right out your front door! Moved here 3 years ago, started salmon fishing. Loving life.
    That is awesome news. I have been at work for the past 6 days and plan on getting out as soon as I can when I get home. I wonder how well the flat fish are going to work as that is all I have in my boat at the moment. Maybe Ill see you out at star bend soon. Probably the only Jetcraft boat in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Silvers are coho salmon. Figured you knew the rules, but many viewers don't, enjoy the catch
    Fisher of men first, fisher of fish second.

Post Thanks / Like

Chrome? silver? they were salmon. I have a friend. I fish w him sometimes. We can each keep two fish. We were one short of limit. Thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by SonOfSalmon; 08-24-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Also limit this year is 2.
    Fisher of men first, fisher of fish second.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast