Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hewscraft trolling motor help

Quote Originally Posted by parker1860 View Post
    Hope my explanation is understandable and helps.
    Thank for that. I read something similar elsewhere. The only reason I understand what you said is I looked at those shelves and know what you are speaking of.

Thank you,

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Hewescraft 20’ Pro V and I located the two batteries for my bow mounted trolling motor on the “shelf” that’s forward of the captain’s and passenger seats, just above the floor on either side of the walk-through door. The “shelf” is wide enough to accommodate a group 31 battery in a strapped down battery box and long enough to accommodate one on either side of the door. It makes a very clean installation and the batteries are out of the way and out of sight. Hope my explanation is understandable and helps.

3. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there enough room to install them in plastic battery boxes and secure them to the floor in front of the Captains and passenger seats as far forward as they'll go.

Run the wires under the floor to each one and then up to the front.

Don't forget to install a 60amp resettable fuse.

Mike
    Last edited by TrackerDV17; 08-21-2019 at 07:39 PM.

5. Likes Paintguy, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You may not be able to mount the batteries up front but here are a couple possible mounting options. I believe there is a storage compartment in the bow. If you can fit the batteries in there that would be your best option. Next if the front seats have a storage box under them you can consider that. Also if you have seats behind the front seats with storage under them you can possibly mount them there. If none of the above work then you may have to mount them in the rear compartment next to the starter battery.
    In any event I’d suggest you have Sunny’s Electric Marine in Sacramento do the work. He is expert in doing things like that and high quality.
    Also few aluminum boats 18’ and less have sufficient room up in the bow to fish from. If you fished there while standing it would be easy to fall overboard. If you mounted a seat there like in bass boats that would be an option. I had an 18’ Alumaweld and in 10 plus years I do not remember anyone fishing from the bow.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 08-21-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

7. Likes Paintguy, RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a new Duckworth with a small bow area. You can fish from it, but it’s tight. If you are plugging for bass/stripers, it’s doable, but you have to watch your backswing on the cast. It’s also pretty high above the water unlike a traditional bass boat.

The small bow are is offset by a large work area in the stern, which is great for trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyMan View Post
    So are you saying you got a Hewescraft ?
    Maybe. Friend of a friend type thing. I gave him a number if he didn't want to mess with the public and tire kickers.

Also any fish from the front deck on these things regularly? It is "small" up there but I think North Rivers and such are about the same. I know it's not ideal but all boats have pluses and minuses.

Post Thanks / Like

So are you saying you got a Hewescraft ?

12. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hewscraft trolling motor help

Hi,
    Anyone know where you place two batteries in front for a electric bow placed trolling motor on a Hewscraft Sportsman? There is no real compartment in the bow for it. It is small up there and don't know if I have enough room to deck fish up there anyway.

Thanks,