Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rainbows above the Treeline

My daughter and I just got back from a hike and fish that I use to do with my Grandpa when I was her age and have done myself many times since. It's a 2 mile hike pretty much straight up and just under 9,000 feet in elevation. When we got there at 10:00 in the morning we jumped in for a quick swim to cool off. After we dried off I set up 2 rods rigged with worms the same way when I was a youngin with my Papa. It didn't take long and it was fish on! I caught 3 and she caught 4 all were released. The biggest was 17" and the smallest was about 9" and it had the prettiest markings of them all. Then by 13:30 the wind picked up so we made the treck back to my truck and headed home.

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rainbows above the Treeline

Pretty bows all. A hike along memory lane with your daughter. How cool is that.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

3. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day... And they look mostly lip hooked so they will swim again. 2 miles at 9000 ft,,, i wish i could !

5. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report and pics. Brings back memories of trout fishing trips with my dad. Thanks for sharing.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

7. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, MKE. I am 72 years old now. My granddaughter used to hike and fish with me in the Eastern Sierras from age 8-16. She is 23 now and a nurse in Salt Lake City. I live in California, so we only see each other now at Thanksgiving, Christmas and/or Easter. But we are very close and always will be. The talking and getting to know one another during the hikes...and then the fishing...they created a real bond between us. She used to fish in pouring rainstorms and not want to quit!

Your relationship with your daughter is going to be really strengthened by these hikes/fishing experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, well done.

10. Likes MKE liked this post